Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused. When I google things to eat or avoid on a diet, it seems that the vast majority of things can NOT be eaten. Am I supposed to only eat baked chicken breast and turkey forever??? I know that fruits and veggies are fine but what solid, hard foods can I eat besides those two?? Wow! They say whole wheat pasta is ok but cheese is not. So what can I put on the whole wheat pasta??? Ughh! LIFE!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
LOL dont stress a lot PBC.
I find grilled chicken yummy
I use olive oil if using oil is absolutely necessary
Just avoid anything that's deep fried with a lot of sugars lol its going to be difficult I know - given your love for Sugar
Cheese is fine, you should find out which one though. Anything that's too processed is not good.
Make sure you include vegetables and fruits in your diet. Try and satisfy your sugar cravings by substituting it with fruits.
Start reading food labels to check what goes in it to make it taste the way it does. My world turned upside down ever since I started doing this! I couldn't believe how much unnecessary stuff I was feeding my body and worse I was ignorant about it!
Eat a fiber rich diet - it helps you feel full. Sources of fiber are veggies,fruits, oats etc.

Solid and hard foods
I couldn't figure out what you meant by that. How about you mention what you like to eat and maybe we can try to find a healthier substitute for it.
LOL and treat yourself a day in a week don't be too hard on yourself

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pizza, Macaroni & Cheese, Spaghetti with Ragu sauce, Lasagna. Ughhhh I miss eating like the pig that I was back then!! Sheesh! I love how I'm drastically losing weight. Gotta keep it that way!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I figured out a low calorie Macaroni recipe. Whole wheat pasta, water (no milk) and Sargento reduced fat cheese (shredded). It doesn't taste as great as regular Mac N cheese but it's cool. Would this be ok to eat throughout the day or is it calories in disguise?

I eat it when baked chicken breast (skinless).

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Making your fav dishes by substituting it with low fat options is great
but you cant eat it throughout the day

If you having Macaroni lets say for lunch, make sure your breakfast and dinner is super healthy.
Dont forget to consume enough water
I keep a bottle with me where ever I go so I don't forget to sip some from time to time!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks. Suppose I eat the whole wheat pasta and the chicken breast without the cheese, throughtout the day. Is whole wheat pasta fine?

·
Registered
144 Posts
hi girls, excuse my english ... I speak French better
so, you can accompany your pasta with tomatoes, zucchini and parsley ... you can eat white meat (chicken, turkey, rabbit and even veal) and fish.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cream lighten? Never heard of it but I definitely will look into that. What type of fish? I was told to stay away from Tilapia unless I catch it fishing. I don't go fishing, I buy food from stores.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
like fish, you have salmon, cod, whiting, monkfish, hake and sole
Thanks...Sad to say but the ONLY fish that I'm familiar with is Tilapia LOL and they say to not eat Tilapia on a diet unless I catch in from the water. Are those fish ok to eat on a diet when brought from the grocery store? I don't go fishing.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
If I eat pasta, pizza, red meat, too much fruit, I gain weight. I have yogurt with chia seeds, protein powder, raspberries, and almonds for breakfast. Lunch is some kind of protein and veggies or nut butter sandwich. Supper is protein, veggies, 1 piece of whole wheat bread. Right before bed I have more yogurt. AND always have to have a little chocolate every day!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Too much fruit??? Really!! I eat apples, strawberries and bananas a lot! So I'll gain weight?? Protein...I guess my baked chicken breast counts as protein.

Chocolate I can't kick :( Very bad sugar addict. So I have chocolate daily.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Yes for me too much fruit makes me gain. Even though it is a natural sugar the body still sees it as sugar. However fruit is healthy, you just have to watch it. There are some fruit like apples, bananas, and grapes that are very high in carbs. The more ripe a banana the higher the sugar. If I eat an apple I eat some almonds to slow down the carb/sugar impact on me. Like I said this is how too much fruit effects me. As always calories in calories out is the main thing.

I decided one day to make a 200 calorie snack back with junk I like, measured it out and put it on the counter. This is what I eat in between meals. You wouldn't believe how many more calories you take in when you eat out of the bag. My thinking....I eat 80% clean and the 20% I play with. Instead of eating my entire lunch I'll eat 3/4 sometimes and eat the rest about an hour later. It really helps curb the appetite. I eat just when the hunger pain goes away (the true hunger pain) and then just a tad more.

Also instead of just cardio add weights. Muscle uses more calories. I've been doing this since I was 29, following Rachel McLish for years and I no longer have a weight problem.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
People forget natural sugar in fruits is still sugar. You still need to be very insulin sensitive to eat sugary fruit otherwise, you might as well live on milk chocolate. A small banana and an apple has about the same sugar as a small bar of milk choc. Guess which I'd rather have ????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unless you are on a specific no-carb diet that you do not want to break through, I would recommend learning to count calories and eating smaller portions of the foods that you like from time to time. That helps you curb those cravings that you feel without having the idea that you are constantly snacking on the same boring chicken breast

1 - 17 of 17 Posts