Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When pore secretions "dry up" in the neck of the pore, the pore becomes clogged and new secretions accumulate behind the obstruction, causing an enlargement. When the obstruction is removed, the pore will return to normal size. However, if the pore neck has been stretched open for too long, the will remain large for a week or two, and will gradually close, according to nature.
Improper skincare can also add to the problem. Cleansing the skin with heavy creams or moisturizing with products containing waxes, oils and other fillers can leave a residue to collect in the pores.

·
Registered
60 Posts
thanks. do toners help make pores smaller?

Yes! Toners help makes your pores smaller. If you live in the north pole your pores will also be smaller bcoz toners feels cool on the skin. Anything cool will close your pores. Anything hot will open it. I live in the tropics and during summer the pores looks large bcoz the sun shines differently in the orient. But I like sunshine bcoz they make my diamonds sparkle their best!

·
Registered
9 Posts
toers actually do help to shrink the size of your pores. But really the most important thing a toner does is its the final step in cleansing and preparing your skin for all your skincare products. When you wash your face and you fee like its all squeeky clean think again, take a cotton swap and apply some toner- I suggest Ole Henriksen Pick Me Up Face Tonic (smells like an orange creame popsicle)- you will notice your skin wasnt all that squeeky clean.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I read that large pores can be caused by sun damage, that collagen looses its elasticity and each pore is surrounded by skin/collagen, so it looses its bounce and stays open

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Aging is among the few.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts