Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a rule of thumb what color mascara you should wear? I have light brown hair and black eyebrows. I wear black or blackbrown mascara but was wondering if I should not be wearing black?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Well........Ms Orange-
I have always wondered the same thing!! I have blondish brown hair, dark brown eye brows, and green eyes. I wear black mascara and always have. I have tried the brownish black and it just didn't do it for me-

Hey, as long as you like it, who cares what others think, right?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Awwhhh thanks fawnie!!
I have felt the same the last 2 nights when you were not HERE!!! What is up with that?? Catching up on your beauty rest??

Today, I worked in the yard. Planted flowers. I am hoping that will make fall get here quicker!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Darn heat and humidity!! Poor flowers are gonna shrivel up, Rat!!

I've been battling my lawn as per the usual every summer. It's either grubs or quackgrass...my lawn looks horrible!! So I throw more money at it every year! One year I got so mad at it I tore it all up (by hand) and replanted it from scratch after amending the H&% out of it.

Then as soon as I get it all looking nice, some workman or another comes along and ruins it!! This year the painters are tearing it up in spite of the fact that I tell them to be careful and NOT put the ladders right in the hostas. Damned if they didn't anyway! grrrr.

By the time night gets here I'm too pooped to post!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
You are right fawnie, the heat will kill my flowers. But I just can't stand to not have fresh flowers in my pots outback. They make me happy-

I feel ya on wasting the $, that is how I feel with flowers and other plants. I plant them just so the heat can kill them!! Fall and Spring are my best plant seasons here. In the Winter I loose alot due to the frost-
in the summer I loose them due to the frickin heat-

Some friends of ours just had astro turf put in for their grass. I thought who in the [email protected]$$ does something like that??!! Well, after seeing it........the very SMART people do that-
It looked amazing!! Not fake at all!!! Even when you walk on it. It felt just like grass!!! It costs a mint, but hey, to never have to water it, cut it, or fertilise it-sign me up!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Nahh...no AstroTurf for this girl. I like the natural look, weeds and all!

Sometimes I wear BADgal plum mascara for a different look with my blue eyes. And then a little Laura Mercier Black Violet liner in the outer corners. It looks more subtle than it sounds!

Here's a pretty pencil that I use on my waterline (lower inner rim) to add some sparkle:

Jeweling Pencil - Eye Make Up

BE208 is the one I use.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
419 Posts
Is there a rule of thumb what color mascara you should wear? I have light brown hair and black eyebrows. I wear black or blackbrown mascara but was wondering if I should not be wearing black?
I have blonde hair, brown eyes (light golden brown), and light brown brows. I wear the black mascara as the brown doesn't show up on my lashes. For a more dramatic look I use plum mascara with gold eye shadow...love the look

It's basically what looks best on you. Sometimes black can be dark on some people.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I like that: plum mascara with gold e/s!! Which gold e/s do you like, Toni??
I like MAC Goldmine. It's really nice paired with the plum mascara

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I like MAC Goldmine. It's really nice paired with the plum mascara
Sounds very nice, what plum mascara do you use? do you use anything else with the Goldmine?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sounds very nice, what plum mascara do you use? do you use anything else with the Goldmine?
Clarins Wonder Plum mascara....and a plum eyeliner with the gold eye shadow.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I wear black. But my sister in law Emma, she wears lots of different colors. All of the colors she wears goes well with her.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think that black is the best for everyone. In my opinion, the only girls that should wear the brown or black/brown mascaras are very fair skinned, naturally blond and blue eyed girls. But black even looks good on them for an evening look!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Black mascara all the way too. I have blue eyes, very fair skinned and, well, in my 20's was a natural blond, now it has a bit of help, and brown mascara just doesn't do anything for my eyes. I still look washed out, I need the black for that "pop".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts