Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 782 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would be a helpful way to support each other, for those who are trying to loose weight, or a good thread for just sharing meal ideas.

My reason for wanting to share is that I am trying really hard to prepare more meals for myself as I spend way too much $money$ on eating-out or getting my meals prepared for me. Hopefully this will encourage me to keep up with my meal preparation.

5:00 AM - Larabar energy bar and glass of Pomegranate/blueberry juice
8:10 - 2 ounces wheatgrass
1:00 PM - Brown rice bowl with broccoli, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil and a little bit of extra firm tofu.
4:15 - a handful of almonds
5:45 PM - Salmon w/ lemon atop of spring mix herbs and lettuce.

* I have had several servings of the Pom/blueberry juice. A bit of a sweet tooth today. I cut myself off. Only water from now 'till tomorrow morning!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
very nice topic.

morning: 2 whole wheat toast with cheese and coffee

vitamin and herbs

lunch: chicken salad, with blueberries and yougourt

snack: mix nuts unsalted

dinner: from restaurant 2 chicken breast and greek salad

snack: 2 bowls of chips

snack: wine and 2 bowls of chips...................

Keep in mine that I just quit smoking, xo I need more food for a while
also walked ousid for 25 minutes and did weights for upper body.

Freedy: what do you think, and you never told me if you were a personal trainer??

·
Registered
97 Posts
good for you congratulations on quitting that evil tobacco!!! right on chelsie!!! start off walking, then head to the gym and work out on that tread mill, and weights, i do that 3 times a week due to my military obligations, take care and good luck!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
thank yo lavenderpink, I really appreciate that.........Good luck to you too!!!

This is such a great forum............

·
Registered
97 Posts
No problem chelsie, hang in there, and Dont snack it will cause weight gain, me everytime I snack i run that tread mill for 17 to 28 minutes depending how I feel, i know its hard, try to eat smaller portions, remember, the meat is the size of your palm, and the starch is the size of your fist, keep your portions at minimum!! i know its hard, Im not overweight, but after natural birth of healthy 8LB boys now one at 11 and the other at 7yrs old, its darn hard to remove that kangaroo pooch, LOL good luck to you!!! oh by the way, Im a petite lady/mom, I cant believe the boys I naturally gave birth too, WOW!!! Now they got one mouthy mouth...LOL- I miss them at baby time.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chelsie ... you're awesome! You're right - you have made a lot of lifestyle changes. Keep your chips!

I had a bad eating day
Not enough variety - A Lot of sugar and carbs

5:00AM Larabar and one glass of pom/blueberry juice
8:10 2 ounces of wheat grass
10:50 - Another Larabar (had it in my purse and was grumpy hungry)
1:00 - Cous Cous bowl with baked tofu and sundried tomatoes
2:45 - Frosted brownie w/ blueberries, strawberries, and bananas on the side (double birthday party in my class)
4:00 - handful of almonds
9:45 - soy "crunch" whole wheat bread with peanut butter

* i had to go 45 minutes away for pilates after school and then I had to run to our school board meeting. Just got home. No real dinner

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmmm... Let's see ...

5:00AM Cherry Pie Larabar (I do like variety) Pom/blueberry juice to take vitamins
8:15AM 2 ounces wheat grass
12:00 1/2 peanut butter & Jelly sandwich with whole wheat soy crunch bread
1:00 - whole wheat peanut butter & jelly sandwich
4:30 - 1 homemade pizzelle
9:15 - Salmon salad with no frills (too tired)

* I try to eat b4 7pm but this week was tough. Ran into an old friend at the supermarket tonight (who actually just finished aesthetician school) and ended up chatting with her for over an hour ...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a link 4 you

Wheatgrass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I have bad allergies ...
I mostly take it to boost my immune system and to ensure I get a good, healthy dose of greens each day. It cleans the blood, cuts food cravings, and keeps me regular. It also prevents tooth decay.

Some people HATE the taste, some get nauseous by it, some people (like me) love the ways it makes us feel. NO ONE I know loves the taste.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yesterday:
5:00AM - Larabar and juice to take multi-vitamins and supplements
12:30 - 1/2 peanut butter & jelly sandwich
1:00 - Whole PB and J on whole wheat soy crunch bread and cookie
5:30PM - A big spoonful of peanut butter. No food left in house really
That was ok b/c I didn't have much of an appetite (stressful/bad day)

Today:
7:30AM - Larabar
10:00 - 2 ounces of wheat grass
12:30 - Trail Mix with raw almonds, raisins, peanuts, and dark chocolate chips
1:30 - Cut up pieces of bread with olive oil and spinach and artichoke storebought hummus I'm getting lazy...)

Estimated savings by making my own lunches this school week: $57.50!!!!

Tonight I will go out to dinner with friends!!!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
DL - thanks for the link on wheatgrass. I did some further reading and learned that it is also very low calorie - only about 20 calories per serving! Definitely an excellent supplement.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
No problem chelsie, hang in there, and Dont snack it will cause weight gain, me everytime I snack i run that tread mill for 17 to 28 minutes depending how I feel, i know its hard, try to eat smaller portions, remember, the meat is the size of your palm, and the starch is the size of your fist, keep your portions at minimum!! i know its hard, Im not overweight, but after natural birth of healthy 8LB boys now one at 11 and the other at 7yrs old, its darn hard to remove that kangaroo pooch, LOL good luck to you!!! oh by the way, Im a petite lady/mom, I cant believe the boys I naturally gave birth too, WOW!!! Now they got one mouthy mouth...LOL- I miss them at baby time.
Snacking won't make you gain weight unless you eat junk food. Snacking will actually help you lose weight since it keeps your metabolism running and you have a more fluid supply of nutrients during the day to give to your body.

Snacks that I prescribe to my clients include 1 cup of mixed berries, 1/2 cup of almonds, 2 to 7 rice cakes (depending on the size of the person), a serving of whey protein, and various other fruits and vegetables. (not all in one meal though, obviously).

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I find that something that is slightly better than wheatgrass is veggygreens powder. It's seems similar since its a powder that you mix into a tea, but it's packed with much more potent stuff.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Powder is not in it's rawest form so you loose the live enzymes that you get when you have something juiced and drink it immediately. I do admit though powder is more convenient and you can add more supplements into powder. However, the body does not absorb dead enzymes as freely and as richly as it does live ones.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yes that is 100% true, but speaking in practicle terms, you tend to get better results from something that is say 80% as good that you use everyday than something that is 100% good but you often miss due to lack of time. Know what I mean?

As an extreme example, I'm sure that if we all had the time and the know how we'd grow our own foods, farm, and hunt. We'd have the freshest good, but that doesn't happen so we grab something quick. Hence the obesity problem that is so widespread in North America, we're at what now 60% obesity rate?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's true - as I said powder is more convenient ...

I switched from powder when I juice bar moved to town. I am very lucky to have them (although it would be ideal for me to have my own wheatgrass juicer). I feel the difference between powder and live enzymes. Most people who have a clean diet do.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
too much $3.99 per 2 ounce shot...but give me a break, Freddy ...I'm doing one thing @ a time

I REALLY do believe in wheatgrass. It has improved my energy level and my allergies by at least 75%.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i know ... i'm hesitant about the responsibility of ordering grass each week. It's a lot of work. Some people grow it themselves .... gotta go teach class now... we'll continue later ...

1 - 20 of 782 Posts