Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what does everyone do to their skin when they are not treating it. I guess what I am saying is how do you relax your skin, or do you stick to your program constantly??

After three weeks of constantly treating my skin I am getting that glow that everyone buzzes about. I am EXCITED of course, but I don't want to push it to much, and end up w/ less than desired results.

·
Registered
208 Posts
So what does everyone do to their skin when they are not treating it. I guess what I am saying is how do you relax your skin, or do you stick to your program constantly??

After three weeks of constantly treating my skin I am getting that glow that everyone buzzes about. I am EXCITED of course, but I don't want to push it to much, and end up w/ less than desired results.
Very good point. I simply stopped everything and use a moisturizer and sunblock. I will continue periodic peels according to the skin's natural exfoliation/regneration cycle, which for me appears to coincide with my monthly package (lol).

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I just use an oxygen mask or a detox mask, followed by the moisturizer and sunblock but not for too long because you can never leave your skin unattended and on its own when you've started with the RA, dead skin cells will build up and take away that glow.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
265 Posts
I use all sorts of little skincare treats. You'll notice that those " treatments" that used to not work, will now work b/c the RA allows the ingredients to penetrate better

·
Registered
485 Posts
That's what I was thinking, sunblock during the day and a moisturizer at night but I want a REAL moisturizer!! Something that actually moisturizes the skin.
So many ingredients that supposedly moisturizes, I don't know where to start.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I always take good care of my skin, right now my vanity full of potions and lotions - lol. And now I am adding Retin-A to speed up cell turnover in corporation with derma roller and AHA/BHA/TCA peels.

Nikkicute,
There are many good moisturizers around, I use Paula's Choice, Clinique and I have ordered Xtend-life moisturizer just to try based on good feedback from here.

·
Registered
524 Posts
nikkicute, try the xtendlife moisturizer, it does what it says, actually moisturizes, actually ill put in an order for you the next time I purchase
wow LightnLift is so kind-hearted!

im going to look into that xtendlife.

i take summer breaks from retin-A, since whatever i do use i apply it all over face and body in one sweep daily. my only issue is my face is slightly darker than body, but i still use retin-a on body cuz i like how it prevents my body from going ash dry in harshy artificially-heated winters.

on that note i like a simple, stable daily routine i can stick to over the years rather than cyclings one lousy commercial product to the next, i dont use anything that would have long term effects concerns, well other than .0125 retin-a and a few botanicals and vitamins, to keep my complexion around medium-fair mideastern/central asian olive tone.

above all else, when not 'treating', its always most intriguing to sit up on here and read about new products, findings, and hopefully, cheerful success stories that actually last!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The effect of the RA can be very drying on my skin esp during the harsh winter months when electrical heaters sap the moisture from the air. To mitigate this, I use Eucerin & for smaller areas, olive oil.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If your looking for a good moisturizer try shiseido advanced super revitilizer. It is the creme de la creme of moisturizers in my opinion and I have tried many. Dont run from its price tag b/c it will last you 6 months. Its 70 bucks but thats only $12 a month when you think about it.

And you can find it on ebay for cheaper I'm sure. I remember even seeing it in costco a few years ago for 10 dollars cheaper. It is really like heaven on your skin. I'm not always into buying expensive skincare but in my opinion b/c I have tried so many skincare products ( I worked in the industry ) outside of lightening, I really find an higher quality and result from higher end products. THAT IS NOT ALWAYS THE CASE but in this case, it is.

Shiseido skincare as a whole is amazing. ESPECIALLY if your using RA, the ingredients really work. I mean this creme transformed my skin at one point and gave me hollywood skin. This is reminding me I need to buy a new jar of this.

OH and dont use the whitening formula. Its tempting but it doesnt have the same consistency. I didnt like the whitening one.

·
Registered
265 Posts
ebay is cheaper. urgh I'm daydreaming about this cream Shiseido Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizer 2.6 - eBay (item 400079960211 end time Oct-25-09 17:13:09 PDT)

its cheaper than the store but to me its like unless I get it for like $20 less I'd rather go to macys or nordstrom and find out when their gift is or something and just go buy it there b/c they will give you goodies and samples at the counter and shiseido is no joke, $$$ but the truth.

and you get to try like their toners which are fabulous, they really combat the dryness of the RA. My hubby's going to be pissed, i'm going to my counter this weekend

·
Registered
463 Posts
Do moisturizers work for people with oily skin? I know that people with oily skin tend to stay away from anything that really moisturizes for fear of break outs. That is kind of what I am concerned with.

·
Registered
265 Posts
oil doesnt equal moisture. You can absolutely use a moisturizer but choose a light one, perferablly oil free.

You are right for staying away from heavy but you still need moisture. What products are u using currently? The lack of moisture can actually cause the skin to produce more oil especially if you are using acne products.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
unless you have very oily skin that looks like it has a sheen under all types lighting, like you've been sweating or have exgaged in rough activity then you dont need the moisturizer but a moisturizer is necessary to balance the activity of your skin cells b/c it locks in your skins natural antioxidants coQ10, hyaluronic acid, collagen etc. and gives you a barrier to environmental toxins, extreme temperatures, bacteria, etc. But there are many moisturizers about 60 to 80% out in the market that dont work effectively b/c they are formulated poorly with oil in water or water in oil or with heaps of silicones. The right moisturizer for ALL skin types according to the reviews from about dozens of members throughout all of the forums is Xtendlife. It works on oily, dry, normal without giving you a greasy/oily look, it gives you a smooth canvas that many ladies said was comparable to a foundation primer. I am sure there are other moisturizers out there like Xtendlife, if anyhone happens to come across them then please share with us as we can all benefit from more than one product to trick our skin from time to time.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
906 Posts
I just use an oxygen mask or a detox mask, followed by the moisturizer and sunblock but not for too long because you can never leave your skin unattended and on its own when you've started with the RA, dead skin cells will build up and take away that glow.
where do you buy your mask from?

·
Registered
222 Posts
If memory serves me right, I remember someone posted the ingredients of Xtend-life moisturizer which has lanolin in it so if it does am afraid I can't use it on my face as lanolin is pore clogging ingredient and caused pimples on me.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
My face is on a break until my arms catch up...

I'm boring though... My other products are Cetaphil(cleanser, lotion, & creme for my bod) Olive Oil, Loreal HydraFresh Toner... the occasional ayurvedic product.

That's about it, I rash up if someone looks at me wrong so I'm very chicken. This decrudding adventure is about as brave as I get.

eta: oh yeah, save the mustard and miracle whip!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts