Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, I cut my ends bimonthly and I grease my ends. what about you???

·
Registered
582 Posts
okay yeah i cut my ends either every 6-8 weeks or whenever it looks like I need them cut. But why do you grease your ends? My sister uses grease and I hate it. ***no offense*** It just makes her hair smell bad and putting it on your scalp does nothing but clog up your hair follices. Instead you could use oil on your hair and use a hot oil teatment for your ends. Putting grease on your hair actually doesn't help it at all. For instance, I have family members and friends who do the same thing and when they curl their hair smoke comes from the iron and it sizzles. Heat like that is not good for your hair, even though I do flat-iron mines alot! An oil that is really good is Chi oil or a lighter more alcohol based version, Biosilk. Also, there is Rusk oil, I love that! Even if you use oil, don't overdo it. It will just end up leaving your hair greasy and limp.

Sorry if I offended anyone...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I somewhat agree with you, but I have really dry, brittle hair that breaks off when not moisturized. Maybe you have different hair texture than me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
hhhmmmm..... vtoodler, what kind of products do you use? meaning what brand and do you do it yourself or go to the salon? Trust me I know about dry hair. Even though I'm mixed and have a good grade of hair, I prefer it straight than frizzy all over. So therefore, I do. relax my hair. I also, bleach it and not those brassy orange "wanna-b" blondes. It's very blonde, probably a Level 10-12 on a hair chart thingy. So I do know about dryness. I also take good care of my hair. Although I don't wrap it up at night and I wash often. But I use very good products especially formulated for my hair and I use what works.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
besides a relaxer, I don't really use harsh chemicals on my hair. I also don't use much heat. I just have hair that is dry gentically.

·
Registered
582 Posts
What products are you using? Which relaxer, shampoo, conditioner, etc...
Also, after you are washing your hair, do you use any products on it? If so, which ones?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this will sound wierd but after I started taking a multivitamin daily I noticed my hair, nails and skin started to look much better. I think the vitamins will help keep the hair strong and healthy.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know, speaking of multivitamins, I know that REVLON has some multivitamin tablets made especially for people seeking to be more beautiful.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are vitamins supplements that are skin, hair & nail specific.
I take Radiance everyday. The one drawback is I now have to have my hair cut every 4 weeks. I used to be able to every 5 to 6 weeks, but now my hair grows like weeds.

·
Registered
582 Posts
There are vitamins supplements that are skin, hair & nail specific.
I take Radiance everyday. The one drawback is I now have to have my hair cut every 4 weeks. I used to be able to every 5 to 6 weeks, but now my hair grows like weeds.
How long is your hair? Why would you have to cut it every 4 weeks just because it grows faster unless it breaks or or gets split just as fast or do you keep it a certain length? I take Nioxin gross tasting pills. Bleh! but they work.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Oh don't worry _sTarLite_ I'm all about my hair! I take very good care of it! I deep condition almost every other wash which is a lot and reconstruct and strengthen every week. I use pretty good products to make sure my hair stays healthy!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh yeah, I think I know what you're talking about. Neutrogena has some mask thingy that smells awesome.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I find it hard to sleep with a satin cap or anything on my head. I can't go to sleep with it on for some reason... I usually just go to sleep with it down or in a high ponytail.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts