Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
33,652 Posts
Let them know you never leave the house and get any sun. But at the end of the day, it's not any of their business. If they pester me enough, I'll probably tell them that my skin care routine brightens up my skin.
Exactly that!! It's no ones business how you do it. I am rarely questioned, but when I am, I always come back with saying I use amazing products, or say its my amazing sunscreen! When and if I am asked about the products I use, I tell them a variety of things.........let them do their own homework!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I dunno what its gonna be like when i travel to my home country tho.
i havent been in almost a decade and i have lightened like 5 shades lol.
just wondering if some people will recognise.Not only have I grown up,I have lightened so much and I bet il be like yeah,we got no sunlight where i live lol.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I dunno what its gonna be like when i travel to my home country tho.
i havent been in almost a decade and i have lightened like 5 shades lol.
just wondering if some people will recognise.Not only have I grown up,I have lightened so much and I bet il be like yeah,we got no sunlight where i live lol.
If you live in the UK, they should understand 😂

Just by avoiding the sun + using sun protection makes your skin lighter throughout the years. You don't have to say anything.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you live in the UK, they should understand 😂

Just by avoiding the sun + using sun protection makes your skin lighter throughout the years. You don't have to say anything.
Thanks sissy,🙏
I guess I will have to keep mute lol
Yes I live in the UK and I have plans to go home for Xmas for the first time in 8 years. I was already panicking😂

·
Registered
335 Posts
Tll
Weird question but is there a scale with pictures for skin shades that this community uses?
not really.
Overtime people have mostly used the Mac NW/NC shade scale.
Overtime , I think most people define what a shade is to them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tll

not really.
Overtime people have mostly used the Mac NW/NC shade scale.
Overtime , I think most people define what a shade is to them.
Ah ok makes sense cos my skin is like 5 different shades i just want everything to match to the lightest lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
The ones who really don’t care, just mention it and keep moving. It is the jealous friends that keep bringing it up. I tell them I’m taking care of my skin. I also go to the gym so it’s balanced

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
It’s not anybody’s business for sure, however, I would personally just say that I have been taking care of my skin and if they get nosy and ask for clarification then say that I have been using products to even out my skin tone, exfoliate and using sunscreen which removes the existing dull tanner skin and keeps it from tanning in the future.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Lool i basically say it's my sunscreen doing the most and I exfoliate, take my vitamins and mind my business 😅
My DIY LA lotion confuses my family cos it's a Nivea bottle. They keep looking at my bottles for anything that says "lightening" haha

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
QUARANTINE!!!!!

Reactions: glamchick

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi everyone!

I haven’t been on here in a couple of years. I never left the community but I haven’t said much so I want to chime in.

I had a friend who tried to mention my skin being lighter but the funny thing is, it was at a time when I wasn’t even lightening my skin. 🥴

Now that I’m full-fledged I don’t even bat my eyes at the comments. Especially because it’s not a drastic change. I either tell people I stay inside or just look at them crazy. 😂

1 - 20 of 22 Posts