Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Can anyone explain exactly what DMAE is and what it does for the skin? I've heard there is a buzz about it being the latest in anti-aging skincare. Does anyone use it?
Thanks!
Lynnii

·
Registered
316 Posts
The only studies done on DMAE for anti-aging were done by Perricone himself. I'm never sold on 'studies' that are done by the person selling the product.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks, Fawnie! I guess I didn't realize there had been so many studies done on it! I will read up some more on this ingredient.

·
Registered
316 Posts
vananners, how do you treat and heal the occassionaly cystic acne here and there? im fed up.
I understand how you feel. Cystic acne not only hurts but usually leaves 'scars' or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation for a good 6 months (for me, anyway).

It's my understanding that cystic acne is always cause by hormones. Therefore, there's really no way of preventing it. Sometimes it can be prevented for girls by oral contraceptives or some type of hormone therapy...but that doesn't help you, does it?

My best advice comes from someone else on Acne.org - Acne treatment and community. This really works. Like I said, it won't prevent them but it will greatly reduce them and can even stop the post-inflam:

What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit - Acne.org Message Boards

I hope you can find some relief from this!

·
Registered
15 Posts
DMAE has a mild firming effect according to studies. Emphasis on mild. I used it for over a year and it did nothing, nada, zip to firm my arms.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I never experienced a lasting firming effect from it either. But after reading Marky's explanation, maybe it's doing something positive under the surface anyway. ??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Acording to dr perricone its amazing. acording to me not alot unless you use really high amounts combined with alpha lipoic acid (vitamin company viridian make a pill which combines the two which i use its not a miracle pill but combined with good skin care a good diet and a healthy lifestyle you can see a difference but the again would you see the same results without the pills?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts