Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should you really use a separate eye cream from your regular moisturizer? I just started using an eye cream with Retinal, but it's to soon to tell if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I really like the teamine eye complex. It comes in a small jar for about $50. I find that some moisturizers are too thick/strong for the eye area. Especially creams with retinol I find make my skin red and irritated. The skin around the eyes is really thin and sensitive, so I think its best to find a cream especially designed for that area.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't think the eye creams really are anything special. Try comparing the eye cream ingredients to the regular moisturizer (from the same product line). I've found that usually its very similar. If anything, the eye cream is probably just less concentrated. Anyway, let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't think eye creams are really any different from face creams except perhaps they have no added perfume. I've tried most of the eye creams around in my search for a cure to the deep wrinkles around my eyes and the two things that have worked for me better than any of the high price creams are Resurface and ReNew cream used together from Garden of Wisdom. These two creams have ironed out a very deep line I had under my eyebrow and some deep lines on my upper lip, they are not altogether gone but there is a huge improvement. Before I used these products I tried everything, Lancome, Clarins, Estee Lauder and even the La Mer creams and nothing helped.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ivy: I was so glad to read your post - it seems you have gone down the same eye-wrinkle route as I have. Right now I am using a peptide eye cream recommended by the aesthetician in my dermatologist's office, and since it is too soon to notice effects, I still must cover it with eb-5, the only cream that has helped temporarily smooth the wrinkles for me.

I will try the combination you suggest. Thank you!

Shirley

PS - I have a dermatologist because I live in Colorado where so many of us have regular appointments for (basil) skin cancer care!

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I don't think that there is always a need for separate eye products, they aren't that much different. Unless you have different concerns in your eye area then the rest of the face, for example, face is oily, but eye area is dry, dehydrated and wrinkled, in that case the facial moisturizer won't do much for eye area and there is need for a specific product.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I don't think eye creams are really any different from face creams except perhaps they have no added perfume. I've tried most of the eye creams around in my search for a cure to the deep wrinkles around my eyes and the two things that have worked for me better than any of the high price creams are Resurface and ReNew cream used together from Garden of Wisdom. These two creams have ironed out a very deep line I had under my eyebrow and some deep lines on my upper lip, they are not altogether gone but there is a huge improvement. Before I used these products I tried everything, Lancome, Clarins, Estee Lauder and even the La Mer creams and nothing helped.
I have to disagree about the no perfume! Many eye creams are loaded with fragrance much to my dismay!

LS

·
Registered
394 Posts
Should you really use a separate eye cream from your regular moisturizer? I just started using an eye cream with Retinal, but it's to soon to tell if it makes a difference.

Don't let it get too close to the eyes, i just got treated for an eye infection for all the bunch of stuff i put around my eyes. I think it came from my exfoliating face cloth but dunno. I use the retin -a just two inches away too, drink more water now and up my vege's and vitamins and i've seen some improvement

1 - 9 of 9 Posts