Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all. I’m a super inactive member but wanted to share what I’ve seen major transformation in my skin since my last post. This list is going to be all over the place, but I really wanted to give back to the small group of users still active!

• TCA Peels
  • Sunscreen SPF 70+
  • Wearing Hats Religiously
  • Cutting Dairy & Gluten
  • Exfoliating Soaps /Kojic & Arbutrin
  • Became vegetarian in 2015 and A LOT of my skin issues resolved mainly because I also cut most processed foods out
  • Eliminating unhealthy/unnecessary sugars (NO SODA)
  • Taking vitamin like D3, Vitamin C
  • Skinceuticals CE Ferulic (MIRACLE product but expensive)
  • Working out more
  • Switching my skincare to plain/simple and not constantly trying new product
  • Grandpas sulfur soap
  • Any Cerave product but especially the foaming cleanser with niacinamide
  • ANY quality niacinamide serum/Korean brands especially
  • Hyaluronic acid sheet masks
  • Tretinoin cream (strongest prescription strength)
  • Finally getting diagnosed with a rare genetic collagen disorder that affects all my organs and tissues (my skin repairs itself/slow wound healing/scar prone). Knowing I have this rare condition helped me better understand why I wasn’t getting results with my skin. Weirdly enough this disorder causes my bones to age rapidly, and my skin to age abnormally slow due to its natural wrinkle resistance because of my collagen defect.
  • Fasting -weirdly enough. Spikes cell turnover and repair and proven to resolve skin conditions and effectively slow, stop, and reverse biological aging, on top of my condition..and is why I look YOUNGER than what I was when I joined this group. (I joined when I was 20-I’m 28 now and look younger than my 19 year old sister. Less wrinkles, everything. It has stunned many people).
  • Incorporating Tumeric into my skincare and food
  • Keeping my nails done so I don’t pick at my face.
  • Sleeping on my back as much as I can /remember to. Game changer. Again slows the formation of wrinkles, and helps back and neck pain.
  • Sleeping with a neck pillow every night for spinal alignment
  • Drinking a ton of water everyday with electrolytes mixed in (Salt, potassium, magnesium)
  • Going out in nature more.

This isn’t an exhaustive list but these things truly helped me! I have a new phone but if I can find my old one backup, I will share a photo of my skin now compared to later. I am currently peeling from a spa TCA peel treatment , so I’d share a photo in a week or two as current pic. I’m also starting a new regimen on a product I see no one is using or talking about / and I’ll make a separate thread to report progress on for my own accountability. It was expensive🥴 so I want to make sure it works lol. It involves 12% HQ blend , niacinamide, glycolic acid, vitamin c, Tretinoin .01% cream, and other high potency ingredients. I’m claiming 2022 to be the year I get these horrible dark spots off my stomach , arms and knees, and fade the lighter ones left on my face chest and legs.

Have a great week everyone!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey y’all. I’m a super inactive member but wanted to share what I’ve seen major transformation in my skin since my last post. This list is going to be all over the place, but I really wanted to give back to the small group of users still active!

• TCA Peels
  • Sunscreen SPF 70+
  • Wearing Hats Religiously
  • Cutting Dairy & Gluten
  • Exfoliating Soaps /Kojic & Arbutrin
  • Became vegetarian in 2015 and A LOT of my skin issues resolved mainly because I also cut most processed foods out
  • Eliminating unhealthy/unnecessary sugars (NO SODA)
  • Taking vitamin like D3, Vitamin C
  • Skinceuticals CE Ferulic (MIRACLE product but expensive)
  • Working out more
  • Switching my skincare to plain/simple and not constantly trying new product
  • Grandpas sulfur soap
  • Any Cerave product but especially the foaming cleanser with niacinamide
  • ANY quality niacinamide serum/Korean brands especially
  • Hyaluronic acid sheet masks
  • Tretinoin cream (strongest prescription strength)
  • Finally getting diagnosed with a rare genetic collagen disorder that affects all my organs and tissues (my skin repairs itself/slow wound healing/scar prone). Knowing I have this rare condition helped me better understand why I wasn’t getting results with my skin. Weirdly enough this disorder causes my bones to age rapidly, and my skin to age abnormally slow due to its natural wrinkle resistance because of my collagen defect.
  • Fasting -weirdly enough. Spikes cell turnover and repair and proven to resolve skin conditions and effectively slow, stop, and reverse biological aging, on top of my condition..and is why I look YOUNGER than what I was when I joined this group. (I joined when I was 20-I’m 28 now and look younger than my 19 year old sister. Less wrinkles, everything. It has stunned many people).
  • Incorporating Tumeric into my skincare and food
  • Keeping my nails done so I don’t pick at my face.
  • Sleeping on my back as much as I can /remember to. Game changer. Again slows the formation of wrinkles, and helps back and neck pain.
  • Sleeping with a neck pillow every night for spinal alignment
  • Drinking a ton of water everyday with electrolytes mixed in (Salt, potassium, magnesium)
  • Going out in nature more.

This isn’t an exhaustive list but these things truly helped me! I have a new phone but if I can find my old one backup, I will share a photo of my skin now compared to later. I am currently peeling from a spa TCA peel treatment , so I’d share a photo in a week or two as current pic. I’m also starting a new regimen on a product I see no one is using or talking about / and I’ll make a separate thread to report progress on for my own accountability. It was expensive🥴 so I want to make sure it works lol. It involves 12% HQ blend , niacinamide, glycolic acid, vitamin c, Tretinoin .01% cream, and other high potency ingredients. I’m claiming 2022 to be the year I get these horrible dark spots off my stomach , arms and knees, and fade the lighter ones left on my face chest and legs.

Have a great week everyone!
Thanks for sharing! what spf do you use?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thought I would chime in. I've been mostly a lurker over the years. lol So, I started about 8 yrs ago and I can tell you what did work for me.
1st I can say that the most IMPORTANT thing in lightening is CONSISTENCY. I've been on both sides, consistent and inconsistent. I've tried sooooo many products from super cheap to overly priced luxury items. And I've noticed a trend. Companies that have products that actually work fast and sufficient seem to eventually change the ingredients in their products. So when we look at old threads and wonder why it doesn't work for us, the company more than likely changed the ingredients because they get greedy or because the laws prohibited them, but typically it's greed.

So, I will only tell you what worked for me. I'm not the type to be consistent with things like body exfoliation, things that require use 3 times a day. I can barely stick to 2 times a day. So with that being said. Here's my journey. I will only speak about things that worked so it won't be as long. For Reference: I was a MAC NW 45 to begin with and I'm now a NC 43/44 NC 45 is too red/orange on my skin.
Fenty old shade would have been 420...new shade is 330-345
NARS Old shade New Caledonia New Shade is Tahoe (Perfect match).

Makari body milk and night cream. This stuff worked really quickly and it didn't give you a ghostly ashy tone. However after some months, it suddenly stopped working. We found out that they changed the ingredients in their body milk. So, I stopped using it. The night cream broke me out.
The most consistent thing after that was the Kligmans (sp) Method. I used Nadinola Extra Strength and Neoprosone Gel Forte. This is what I used for years. Now as controversial as both of these are (Nadinola contained 3%Hydroquinine and Neoprosone Gel contained the steroid (Betamethasone). I'm not sure why people made such a stink about it, because I literally used it for YEARS with no side affects. As I said I wasn't very consistent and would skip a couple days at a time and when I started to re-darken a couple days of use would get me right back where I was. However the past couple years, you'll notice Nadinola no longer contains Hydroquinone and Neoprosone by Mitchel and that other brand are not authentic. The original with the steroids is no longer available in the US. The brands available do not contain the steroid. So neither of those products work anything like the original. I know bc I tried them. All of the old school products that work including Fair and White, G&G, etc have all changed their ingredients, if you notice they no longer have hydroquinone and most of them no longer work.

So now I've decided to join the tried an true lighten from within method. I'm jumping on the Glutathione train. I started with the 3000mg pills a day and 3kmg of vitamin C for one month and didn't notice much. This is the 2nd month and I did 4kmg of Gluta and Vit C. and now my skin has started to lighten and it's so clear and glows. Just last week I've added NAC.
For External use:
I purchased Permanance Evanesce Lightening cream and their Intensive Lightening Serum. I will also be switching to Naturalistics Whitening Pills which supposedly has
Ingredients:
Liposomal Glutathione 7,000mg
Vitamin C 700mg
Collagen 800mg
Camu-Camu 500mg
N-Acetyl-Cysteine 500mg
Pearl Powder 500mg
ALL IN ONE PILL!
I got these because the serving size is 1 pill and there's 60 in a bottle. So, we'll see how that goes!
The last thing I'm using is their chrome whiting for elbows, knees, knuckles, feet.
From my research and understanding it takes Glutathione from 3 to 6 months to get to your goal, however it's healthy and natural and longer lasting than using creams. I'm just really tired of companies changing their ingredients and making you have to start all over trying products that worked as well as what you're used to. I've heard some controversial things on both Permanance and Naturalistics, because of their owners, and not so much the efficacy of the products. So, I thought I'd try them for myself and share results. I wasn't willing to try their Power IV Powder as I've learned that they changed the ingredients and I haven't seen anything or anywhere where they addressed it or said they've gone back to the original formula that worked for everyone. So, nope. Costs too much to be taking a chance. I'll try to keep you posed on results. Hope this helped someone.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I’m very interested to hear your feedback on this pill, as most people find Liposomal Glutathione more effective. Are you no longer using creams at all? Is this pill now your only method of lightening?
So far, I see gradual lightening, i just started my 2nd bottle. My skin really has an amazing glow. I'm also using Permanance Evanesce depigmenting cream on my face and hands. I also, just purchased Naturalistics Power Powder. I just need a boost to see if there are any drastic improvements. I notice they went back to their original formula after doing much research. I'll keep you posted. You can taste the vitamin c in it....It's soooooo acidic. Don't' know if I can put this under my tongue daily, so looking for some kind of drink to mix it in. Glua suplements take a few months to really see significant difference. So you must be really patient,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts