Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am more of a lurker and have been using GG for the last couple of years... very sad. I tried the bioclaire and its been ok. The label said kojic acid. Also the GG I last bought did not say Garo Hasbanian and I got 2 huge bumps on my face. So yea be careful with GG... until something better comes along I think Ill look at the Asian products...
I have both old G&G and new one and I see what you are saying, The old one says it's from Garo Hasbanian and the new one is from Gandour which I don't like very much myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have both old G&G and new one and I see what you are saying, The old one says it's from Garo Hasbanian and the new one is from Gandour which I don't like very much myself.
Yea I didnt know why I was getting these huge cystlike bumps. I never get that. Plus GG been good to me for a while now. Then when I looked here these wonderful people pointed it out about the fake ones going around. That jar is in the trash dump somewhere right now. . So what are you thinking you are going to use next?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea I didnt know why I was getting these huge cystlike bumps. I never get that. Plus GG been good to me for a while now. Then when I looked here these wonderful people pointed it out about the fake ones going around. That jar is in the trash dump somewhere right now. . So what are you thinking you are going to use next?
I'm thinking of using Citrolight.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
G&g's back, smells different tho... Haven't noticed any significant lightening in 2 months - probably a shade at the most. It's a good exfoliant, so a good way to jump start a lightening journey. Oh and needs a ton of moisturising coz it dries like a bih

·
Registered
79 Posts
G&g's back, smells different tho... Haven't noticed any significant lightening in 2 months - probably a shade at the most. It's a good exfoliant, so a good way to jump start a lightening journey. Oh and needs a ton of moisturising coz it dries like a bih
How’s it going for you now? I saw that it was back also but that it’s hard to get in the U.S

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
How’s it going for you now? I saw that it was back also but that it’s hard to get in the U.S
It's working quite well for me, I use it as a base cream nowadays. My main lightener is clinic clear oil - I mix g&g cream and the clinic clear oil on my palm while applying. Been on this regi for 3 weeks so it's a bit too early to tell but I'll definitely send an update once I notice any changes 😊

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
It's working quite well for me, I use it as a base cream nowadays. My main lightener is clinic clear oil - I mix g&g cream and the clinic clear oil on my palm while applying. Been on this regi for 3 weeks so it's a bit too early to tell but I'll definitely send an update once I notice any changes 😊
Quick update on this - changes I've noticed so far😊
What's really stood out is how soft my skin has become - absolutely love the texture I've gotten so far. Secondly - tbh I was going for a somewhat pale tone at first but I'm getting a subtle yellow which I've fallen in love with (probably the hq in clinic clear oil) I think in about another 2-3 months I'll be at a good shade, though not my goal shade lol (I can get greedy) - I'll have to drop the clinic clear for a KA serum as I take a hq break.
For now I still think the new g&g is not as strong as our good ol' g&g (also smells different) but it's a great base cream for acidic lighteners and a good softener/exfoliant (with proper moisturising of course). Might share some progress photos later

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
@chocowhite hey hun, could you please post pictures of the new G&G showing the packaging & ingredients?
Also, is HQ listed as an ingredient on your Clinic Clear oil? Thanks
Hey there hun! I've attached the photos of the g&g I have below, I bought the 300g tub. As for clinic clear oil, HQ is not listed on the ingredients but several members have done tests and it tested positive for HQ - around 4% if I remember correctly. In case you decide to go the clinic clear route my advice would be to avoid the lotion(known to have steroids - clobetasol propionate to be specific)
As for the cream and the oil, HQ is the only unlisted ingredient so if you don't mind hq these would be the ones to go for.

Attachments

21 - 37 of 37 Posts