Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Lighten,

CoQ10 is short for "co-enzyme Q10". Essentially what it does is eliminate free radicals and help skin cells to function at better capacity.

We have this co-enzyme in our mitochondria naturally, but as we age we begin to lose it. If you apply it topically, it penetrates the skin's surface where it neutralizes free radicals and helps make you younger looking.

It promotes wrinkle reduction quite dramatically as well.

From what I gather, the skin regenerates several layers down. Xtend-Life has created a patented form of CoQ10 which is very effective at penetrating deep into the skin where skin regeneration occurs.

As a side note, I am not sure how it works when taken orally.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have used a variety of topical coenzyme Q10 creams for a while and had good results. One of the thing I like most about CoQ10 is that is strengthens your skin's natural defense against the sun. I spend a lot of time outside, so this is exactly what I was looking for

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On Puritan.com, under skincare products there is a bunch of Co Enzyme Q10 both serums and gels, and you know they always have the buy 1 get 1 free or buy 2 get 3 free, I wonder how they even make money with all these outrageously low prices.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Are you kidding me LnL, you wonder how they make $????? By people like you and me-

·
Registered
43 Posts
The difference in price could be the amount of COQ10 in the product. Like everything you purchase, the higher up on the ingredients list on the package the better, the last ingredients listed are used the least in the products.

·
Registered
958 Posts
It's well worth trying. As an anti-ageing agent it is suppose to work best together with ingredients like vitamin E and alfa lipoic acid in creams. In young people other plant derived anti-oxidants might even work better. In some longterm tests (six months to a year) CoQ10 and idebenon has worked wonders on skin 40-60, reducing wrinkles and pigmentation problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts