Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to be a pain people...iv read all the posts on here but i am not following wat this is and how u use it.. is it safe? is it whole body lightening? is it expensive? i would be ever so grateful if you would ansa me..thanxx

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi again, HQ is a sking lightener that you mix at home. Ra is a skin peel that you mix and apply at home as well.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
HQ (hydroquinone): is a skin lightening agent that acts by inhibiting tyrosine; the enzyme that triggers melanin production. It is available OTC at 2,3 & 4%. Dr's can prescribe higher doses (up to 20%) to be prepared by a compounding pharmacie. Mony is correct in that raw 100% HQ crystals can be purchased (HQ is also used as a reducer in photo developping) and you can melt it & compound with it at home, BUT strict safety protocols must be adhered to.

RA (Retin A or Tretinoin): : is derived from vitamin A & is acidic & strong. It is available by prescription (OR w/o one from certain resources) in varied strengths (0.025%, 0.05% & 1.0%) & as a cream or a gel. Oily skinned people tend to prefer the gel. It is an excellent exfoliant & thickens skin by boosting collagen production. Used to fight acne, as an antiaging treatment & in tandem with HQ as a lightening agent, RA is a wonderdrug. As with any substance, not everyone tolerates it well & you must use it in small qty's a good 20 mins after washing & drying the skin. Most use it 1x/day at night only. Some using it for lightening use it either mixed with or at the same time as HQ 2x/day (even 3 depending on the circumstances).

These are brief but accurate definitions. With both of these, esp the RA, sunblock & avoiding sun exposure will be essential. With RA, the skin becomes even more sun sensitive. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ders two options- hydroquinone and tretinion and mometasone furoate or hydroquinone 4% by melalite...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
get the HQ4% 'melalite' & begin with the lowest strength of tretinoin at 0.025%. You can always increase the strength as your skin builds tolerance. Stock up on the HQ to offset shipping but request 'best before' expiry dates that are far off to ensure the cream remains usable while it waits for you.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Yollie's Oriental Market & Gift Shop - The best in asian food and health & beauty products.

You might want to try out the Likas Papaya soap. This is one of those rare 'cheap but good' treasures. Some claim it lightens their skin. I use it & did not see lightening BUT it cleans like crazy, removes any build-up of anything you can name, gets rid of dead skin BUT doesn't strip your skin into an itchy mess. It leaves no smell or residu behind to slow the absorption of your lightening agents. It does NOT contain kojic acid (can irritate when used by RA users: too many acids!). Just a suggestion. A member named Jose got us all hooked on it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ondine thanx chick!!!.. il try this and see how it is before im brave enough to try HQ/RA.. i dnt knw why just feel scared to try it lol

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
heehee: you should've seen me shaking the 1st time I tried a TCA peel!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts