Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears everything I read ends up saying Retin-A is the cure all for improving skin, is this also true for the eye area and trouble with crows feet, dark cirles and puffiness? If so which eye products are the best?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
short answer: yes it is. Try a slight touch of Retin-A 0.05% CREAM version arouund the eyes, just a teeny bit and then in the morning exfoliate GENTLY with the microfiber cleansing cloth from NCN. If you dont see improvement within 6 months or so then get off it and try an eye cream with rice peptides and vitamin C in the form of L- Ascorbic Acid, there is actually a ready made vit C 23% pure LAA called Complex 31 thats formulated by switzerland's scientists, they had clinical trials and within 56 days the crows feet of these women in their 60s drastically reduced, but anyways, try the REtin-A for 6 months and see how that works.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Lightennlift what eye creams have you found that are good for the eye area with rice proteins??

Im pretty conviced that since using the Green Cream it made my crows feet area a lot worse, at the mo im waiting for my Viper Venom to arrive, and will use this with vit c and a strong hyaclouric acid.

·
Registered
316 Posts
As far as undereye cirlces go, Vitamin K is the only thing rumored to help with these. I am not sure if there are scientific studies on this and I know it also depends what the cause of the dark circles is. I've used eye creams with Vit K with mediocre results but it might be worth a shot. Only thing about vitamins is that most of them degrade in any sort of light so you need to have them in a dark colored pump bottle to get the best results.

Caffeine is said to help with bags and of course so is cucumber extract.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I have been regularly using the Zirh eye cream which had rice peptides, caffeine, green tea, hyaluronic, etc, its been light and working well to prevent puffiness, dark circles and crows feet. Im sorry that green cream did that to you. Did u use a tiny bit around or did u use a whole fintertip of apply it to that area? Sometimes what happens is when we layer a lot of products in the eye area the area turns dark and red with light dots thats because the area is becoming too burdened with heavy creams or too many products. When you use the viper venom just use that alone at night and then use the vitamin c and hyaluronic acid during the day. Remember to use a tiny bit of each.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
As far as undereye cirlces go, Vitamin K is the only thing rumored to help with these. I am not sure if there are scientific studies on this and I know it also depends what the cause of the dark circles is. I've used eye creams with Vit K with mediocre results but it might be worth a shot. Only thing about vitamins is that most of them degrade in any sort of light so you need to have them in a dark colored pump bottle to get the best results.

Caffeine is said to help with bags and of course so is cucumber extract.
When I was young I used this dark circle and puffiness gel called Vita K which has vitamin K and cucumber extract, it got rid of the circles which formed from being out and up all night and that was at age 15/16. Although it got rid of my dark circles at 15/16, I was left with a green tinge under my eye and people asked me what it was. I stopped using the Vita K after about 2 months and my eyes returned to its natural color minus the dark circles/green tinge.

I used the Vita K again when I was 19 to get rid of dark circles and it didnt work, all it did was leave me with watery eyes. I left them alone and just applied retin-A when I would get dark circles/puffy eyes. Now I use the Zirh mens eye cream which helps tremendously.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've never had the green tinge problem but that's kinda scary. I think I'm going to try Skinactives Bright-I cream and see how that goes. Must wait for payday, though.
My dark circles will have to wait until next friday.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Vanners I think a lot of people on the forum have said they like skin actives bright I cream is good but then I have also heard that eye bags can come from not getting enough vit k in the diet.

I dunno though with eye bags, but I have heard that caffeine is good for tightening the eye area,

Saying that I like the look of some of garden of wisdom caffeine products etc, if they work or not is another thing though.

I dunno LNL, I dont think I was not using too much of the GC cream and have never put any of it on the eye bag itself, but may be cause my eyes are extra sensative I need to start using even less.

Im def gonna take your tips on board though, il let ya know if it works.

Im quite tempted to buy the eye cream that you are using for my boyfriend see how it works for him and use the viperr venom on myself, its always a good trick I find to see what products are actually any good out there!

Thanks for all the info everyone.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Lightennlift what eye creams have you found that are good for the eye area with rice proteins??

Im pretty conviced that since using the Green Cream it made my crows feet area a lot worse, at the mo im waiting for my Viper Venom to arrive, and will use this with vit c and a strong hyaclouric acid.

IluvNY
, I have heard the term Viper Venom, what is it?

Thanks!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
short answer: yes it is. Try a slight touch of Retin-A 0.05% CREAM version arouund the eyes, just a teeny bit and then in the morning exfoliate GENTLY with the microfiber cleansing cloth from NCN. If you dont see improvement within 6 months or so then get off it and try an eye cream with rice peptides and vitamin C in the form of L- Ascorbic Acid, there is actually a ready made vit C 23% pure LAA called Complex 31 thats formulated by switzerland's scientists, they had clinical trials and within 56 days the crows feet of these women in their 60s drastically reduced, but anyways, try the REtin-A for 6 months and see how that works.
LnL
Please explain about the Complex 31. I can't find it! ANd I'm sure you didn't mean this:

Complex 31 (Absinthium; Aloe; Charcoal Activated...) Naturpharm

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
fawnie...I wonder if this would help the wrinkles on my chin, after my stroke I was not in control of my chin and it "hung" in a strange manner for nearly 2 years and my chin has three deep stange looking wrinkles that I have not been able to remove. When I had physio following the stroke they were not the least bit interested in my wrinkles...just in getting me to speak!!!

Sorry - I forgot to put your quote about Viper Venom here!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
fawnie...I wonder if this would help the wrinkles on my chin, after my stroke I was not in control of my chin and it "hung" in a strange manner for nearly 2 years and my chin has three deep stange looking wrinkles that I have not been able to remove. When I had physio following the stroke they were not the least bit interested in my wrinkles...just in getting me to speak!!!

Sorry - I forgot to put your quote about Viper Venom here!
Fawnie might have to correct me on this one but I think you just put the VV on the facial muscles and not the lines itself........??

Other botox alternatives I think are worth while using are matrix and violax!

Its just a question of what works for you, but you you could also try facial massage, excersies for wrinkles too!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts