Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still searching for a skincare product that is cheap and good for oily skin hope you guys can help me thanks...

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
What kind of skincare product are you looking for? There are always inexpensive options.

face wash, lotion, etc?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

Have you considered that the type of cream you're using could be making your skin oily?

My research for over 25 years has consistently told me that the best cleanser for oily skin is 'actually oil'.

Did you know the more you try to de-grease and oily skin the oilier it becomes?

If you use a water-based product the effects are short-lived. They are too drying and will encourage even greasier skin.

• To reduce any open pores, use a tablespoon of cider vinegar to a cup of water.

• Use a sun-cream for day. For night use a quality cold-pressed oil such as grapeseed oil.

To cleanse - work the grapeseed oil into the complexion for 2/3 minutes. Remove with a flannel. Repeat and rub any residual oil into the skin until it disappears. This will not make your skin extra greasy but will stabilize the oil.

Are you including enough zinc in your diet? Zinc bestows benefits to the complexion and low levels can cause excessively oily skin,

Best of luck,

redrose

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi there guys i'm looking for a product that's not too expensive and is good to clear up acne and oily skin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with redrose. My skin used to be very oily until I started using the oil cleansing method. You should really try to give it a go. It is also very inexpensive. Try also to get hold of some Tea tree essential oil which you can add to your oil mixture. Tea tree is very good for spots.
You see, using harsh cleansers on oily skin will make it produce more oil.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Lynna89; Why do you set a CHEEP price on the only face you'll ever have. Why wouldn't you want something that would be effective and affordable. I feel that some of the girls have the right idea in the a oil molecule that is fine enough can be effective like macadamian nut for example. Because like attracts to like (mix oil in water example) However keep in mind the other ingredients in the cleanser. Don't forget to bring the PH back to balance after cleansing.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Oil cleansing method works well for a lot of people. It sounds nuts, but try it and you'll see it does not increase oil production. Jojoba, olive oil, castor oil - all inexpensive and usually easy to find.

Retin-A would be another thing I'd recommend. It's often only about $10 - $20 for the generic version with insurance, or $35 without. You need an Rx in the US, but there are reputable sources available outside the US also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where do you get all this kind of oil from the supermarket or organic shops? i'm confused with the cooking oil...

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Where do you get all this kind of oil from the supermarket or organic shops? i'm confused with the cooking oil...
Lynn - you can find these oils in any health food store or even a grocery store that has a good skin care section (like Whole Foods). In addition to the other suggestions, let me add that I have been using hazelnut oil as a moisturizer - it is good for oily skin and large pores - and is not expensive either.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Hi Lynna89; Why do you set a CHEEP price on the only face you'll ever have. Why wouldn't you want something that would be effective and affordable.
This is one of the most insensitive and unkind things that I have seen on this board. You have no idea what sorts of issues people are dealing with, especially in the present state of the economy. There is no reason for good skin care to be expensive - there are always options that are more affordable than others and just as good (or nearly so).

Here is my advice to you - you really should reread your posts before hitting the "submit reply" button.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is one of the most insensitive and unkind things that I have seen on this board. You have no idea what sorts of issues people are dealing with, especially in the present state of the economy. There is no reason for good skin care to be expensive - there are always options that are more affordable than others and just as good (or nearly so).

Here is my advice to you - you really should reread your posts before hitting the "submit reply" button.
Yea maybe i wrote some of the things wrongly >_<... anyway i'm actually from singapore and i was just searching the web for a skin care forum but most of the forum are for people from america ... Singapore and american sell different things that's why i was wondering where to get these types of products...
like the oil and olive oil...

I was wondering can i use the olive oil...

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
I am sure you have health food stores where you can find these oils. To be honest though, if you have oily skin and acne, I would not advice putting olive oil on your face. Actually, I would not recommend any kind of oil being you acne. You need to find a product with salicylic acid.

Salicylic Acid - Salicylic Acid Acne Treatments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes other good ideas , use very dilute ( 3 %) wintergreen oil.

Its methyl salicilate, which is a salicylic acid ester , has great penetration
& unlike asprin is highly bio available. Mix it with mild essential oil like
Rose Geranium , and a few drops of evening primrose, and lecithin oil
not the granules.

·
Registered
958 Posts
If you are prone to clogged pores and brake-outs I would recommend weekly peels with salicylic acid or perhaps a blend of salicylic and lactic acid. You can find them at good prices on ebay, and they usually last a long time (often 3-6 months) . You can also add a bit of salicylic acid powder to your cleanser. If you shop around you can get a big batch of this that last a long time.

Some online DIY skin care companies sell lots of stuff you can try and add to your favorite creams and lotions. For oily skin kelp extracts (they often come in gel form and powders), green tea extracts and different anti oxidants can be really good for oily skin. Powders have a long shelf life and are worth buying in large quantities.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I suggest Remergent Complete Cleanser.. It has pH correcttion properties as welll that'll make sure your skin is oil-free all day long!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts