Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i heard that the best moisturiser has certain ingredients.... which one contains Retinol?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't think Retinol is moisturising, it is used to combat wrinkles and the one I'm using actually causes my skin to peel. I've also just started using Royal Jelly to combat wrinkles but it is having a beneficial effect on my dry flaky skin. At the moment I'm using some cream from Garden of Wisdom with Renovage which I like a lot and their Eye Majik Cream but I also use the different oils and have found that unrefined avocado oil is very moisturising and inexpensive it's heavier than camellia or almond oil so it just depends on how dry your skin is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have always had dry skin but i just wash my face with oil based dove soap then slap a pharmacy own brand face cream on and it seems to make my skin better then when i used expensive products!

·
Registered
18 Posts
What I've always looked for is a product that leaves my skin feeling moisturised but not greasy - that lasts for a good while and has SPF 15.

Try any of the reputable makes - Olay / Nivea or a store's own brand.

You'll know when you get the one that's right for you, it just "feels" right.

Jan

·
Registered
8 Posts
My fave moisturiser was Guerlain Successlaser3 Day Care SPF12 - but they discontinued it...
it was the consistency of almost a serum/lotion combined, but gave me the purrfect moisture content... it was expensive but worth it...

I do find Cetaphil moisturising cream and the lotion quite good though, bargain price too!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, missk, there are a lot of products containing retinol... but retinol is, in fact, Vitamin A. While these products are not so hard to miss, you must not forget the other, more important Vitamin A source: the foods you eat. You can find this Vitamin in foods like leafy vegetables, some fruits, liver, and fortified dairy products.
Kathleen LeRoi

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, missk, there are a lot of products containing retinol... but retinol is, in fact, Vitamin A. While these products are not so hard to miss, you must not forget the other, more important Vitamin A source: the foods you eat. You can find this Vitamin in foods like leafy vegetables, some fruits, liver, and fortified dairy products.
Kathleen LeRoi
Surely Vitamin A applied on the skin has different effects than when you absorb it through foods right?

·
Registered
43 Posts
You're right! Vitamins taken from the foods you eat are used by your whole body, ensuring the functionality of all your systems and organs... including your skin. Vitamins applied on the skin can reinforce (but NEVER replace) the vitamins you've ingested; these topical applications will revitalize the external layers of your skin, thus alleviating the effects of external aggressors.
Kathleen LeRoi

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use La Mer, just because I bought it, but would recommend - Nivea Cream - cheap and you can't go wrong, but don't forget to use sunscreen on top.

·
Registered
5 Posts
retinol is used to in skincare as a way of improving the texture and tone of the skin, particularly discolouration and lines. however, it is not moisturising and can be hard to tolerate on some people. in a prematurely aging skin, it is a good ingredient and in older skins also, but younger skin may simply cause disruption and lead to dryness, breakouts and other issues. if you have not used retinol before and you do have concerns that would benefit from using it start slowly and ideally only use once a day, ideally at night.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love using Clinque's skincare product. Especially their Moisture Surge, it feels really refreshing after applying it. Now I found another moisturizer that will hydrate, even tones, and brighten you skin. I use Philosophy's Hope in a Jar in the morning on top of Clinque's Moisture Surge. My skin looks better than people with foundation on. Some people might say that the smell from Hope-in-a Jar smells like chemical, but I think it is worst a try if you are able to ignore the smell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts