Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this is very subjective.

but in your honest opinion, if you could only pic one, what would you say the best smelling men's calogne in the world is?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Nice thread ! Bought my darling husband Dior Aqua Fahrenheit last week -
he/it smells 'heavenly'
I also like Giorgio Armani Black Code on him.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Hmm... It's a love/hate thing mostly, but side from the ubiqious Armanis, Davidoffs, Calvin Kleins, "some" nice scents, very different ones... Ask me tomorrow and I'll have a different list.

• Dior Higher Energy, Eau Sauvage, Dior Homme, Dior Homme Intense, Bois d'Argent, Fahrenheit Absolute, Jules
  • Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
  • YSL M7
  • Bvlgari Black
  • Victor & Rolf Antidote
  • Caron Pour Un Homme, Yatagan
  • Josef Statkus Eau de Parfum
  • Etro Vetiver, Mahogany
  • Versace Versace Homme
  • Burberry The Beat Men
  • Dsquared He Wood
  • Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
  • Diptyque Vetyverio
  • Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
  • Paco Rabanne Ultrared, Ultraviolet
  • Lanvin Arpege Pour Homme, Vetyver
  • Comme des Garcons Avignon, Vettiveru
  • Gucci Pour Homme, Pour Homme II, Envy for Men
  • Guerlain Vetiver, Vetiver Extreme, Habit Rouge
  • Knize Two, Ten, Forest
  • Acqua di Parma Profumo, Colonia, Parma Cipresso, Parma Mirto
  • Annick Goutal Mandragore, Eau D'Hadrien, Duel, Vetiver, Sables
  • Givenchy Gentleman, Vetyver, Pi
If I have to pick one then Dior Homme Intense, probably.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I like Obsession.

It smells like a rich old 6'0 male, age range 45-70 years old with money.

But then I don't think it could look good on a young man or an ugly man.

The man must look distinctive like Clark Gable (in his older years)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I like Obsession.

see, that's the thing! I'm young so I don't want to buy something that's too 'distinguished' for me, people will think I smell like an old man!
Though I want something manly, I like musk, but NOT strong and overpowering, and I also like hints of sweet or a little spice, but NEVER overwhelming (that's my main rule) I'll look on Ray's list

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I like Obsession.

DH has worn Obsession for years, guess he is getting close to that 45 yr mark. Got him some Acqua Di Gio - Giorgio Armani -
me likey!!!

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
see, that's the thing! I'm young so I don't want to buy something that's too 'distinguished' for me, people will think I smell like an old man!
Though I want something manly, I like musk, but NOT strong and overpowering, and I also like hints of sweet or a little spice, but NEVER overwhelming (that's my main rule) I'll look on Ray's list
I guess then you can kick Gucci and Ysl from the list, they are more on the in-your-face and over-the-top range.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I guess then you can kick Gucci and Ysl from the list, they are more on the in-your-face and over-the-top range.
lol, definately not for me, I like a subtle, but present scent, that smells oh-so-good to the ladies
but up until now, I've never really worn colgne only because I thought it was too overwhelming, a man can do a lot with just a good deoderant
lol, but now I want a nice cologne, so, I'll be on the lookout!

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Blue Sugar is pure yumminess. Sample this one. A bit silly to say Blue Sugar, just lie about what you are wearing..lol

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Tom Ford Oud Wood, smells like expensive Italian leather with sandalwood!! Love this!

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver.

Oldie but goodie.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol, definately not for me, I like a subtle, but present scent, that smells oh-so-good to the ladies
but up until now, I've never really worn colgne only because I thought it was too overwhelming, a man can do a lot with just a good deoderant
lol, but now I want a nice cologne, so, I'll be on the lookout!
You and I it seems have similar taste in calogne. I like a powerful (noticable--get compliments from strangers) calogne, but not LOUD. I don't know why, but I can't stand JOOP (gross)! I don't know if you've heard of Joop or smelled it. My older brother really liked it (on his favorites' list), but it almost makes me nauseated with how strong it is (I'm glad he doesn't wear it anymore, lol).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like John Varvatos.

Curve is inexpensive but it smells so good.

I have used CURVE ( take note Tyriffik ), and it has never failed--I get compliments from random people. So, you are right about Curve. the first time I smelled it I was won over.

I haven't heard of John Varvatos...but thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts