Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to speed up the dead skin cells, for them to come off, I have a really tight face from retin-A, is there anything that loosens and speed up the process to get those sheets of dark dead cells off?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I 2nd the microfiber cloth, they are very effective yet gentle. I'd be careful using a 'manual' exfoliator (scrub, etc.) as it can be very harsh and can even damage the skin.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I 5-th the cloth..

And to replenish those antioxidants that have gone down the drain, use a thin coat of Cold Pressed Avocado oil. You'll notice less shedding to boot.

·
Registered
60 Posts
well cleansing your skin with a good cleanser not only will flush out all toxins like dirt, pollution particles, excessive oil,sebum and dead skin cells etc... but also rejuvenate your skin. It is important to know that men's skin is thicker than women's and thus requires a stronger cleanser.

Also use an exfoliating scrub about twice a week and see how that helps.

oh and the cloth can't hurt either

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
That's it. I'm gettin' the cloth. It's been fifthed and sorta sixthed. These people haven't steered me wrong yet!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Let us know how it works for you! Btw you can usually find these cloths at a dollar store for about $1 per cloth. I have a huge stack of them at home, they're also amazing for cleaning the house with (dusting, etc.). Just make sure you wash in hot water and line dry - don't put them in the dryer!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes, I generally use it at night to make sure my face is free of all makeup, sunscreen, etc. It is gentle enough to use 2x a day and some people even find they can skip cleanser all together and use the cloth instead (my skin is too oily for this but if it's been irritated by chemical exfoliation or differin I find it works great).

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
That's it. I'm gettin' the cloth. It's been fifthed and sorta sixthed. These people haven't steered me wrong yet!
of course we won't steer you wrong-
!!

The best cloth I have found is from NCN, works amazing compared to any other micro fiber I have tried.

Either way you will love the cloth. It is a great way to get that extra exfoliation we all need!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I was going to order the cloth but need quite a few things and just waiting for my husband to give me the OK to use our card again
. Anyway, I was in the cheap cosmetic shop and found a large makeup sponge, and what do you know!? It works really well, and is very gentle. So I first roll of the skin gently with my fingers, and then put some Likas soap on the sponge and gently massage. Voila! Smooth skin!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I was going to order the cloth but need quite a few things and just waiting for my husband to give me the OK to use our card again
. Anyway, I was in the cheap cosmetic shop and found a large makeup sponge, and what do you know!? It works really well, and is very gentle. So I first roll of the skin gently with my fingers, and then put some Likas soap on the sponge and gently massage. Voila! Smooth skin!
Lol, oh those darn husbands, they get in the way sometimes-

I am glad you found something to use and as long as it works that is all that matters!

·
Registered
97 Posts
i ordered the cloth from NCN, should be receiving any day. Will keep you posted

1 - 20 of 32 Posts