Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Starlite - use the flaxseed oil in a salad dressing! It's great that way too - with other quality spices and some lemon juice - that nutty flavor will come thru -but it won't be so - gag like!

I take it internally - with my vitamins!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! Well I think all of the posts are so great! But I would like to add that Dove products have been recommended by dermatologists for years and years. I think also using a good makeup, doesnt have to be very expensive but it should be hypo allergenic and non comodegenic so it doesnt clog pores. Also try not to ever sleep with your makeup on no matter how late you go to bed, but if you are too tired to wash your face, a baby wipe will suffice til morning. Since I have been using Dove products on my face my skin has been very nice! Take care!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi! Well I think all of the posts are so great! But I would like to add that Dove products have been recommended by dermatologists for years and years. I think also using a good makeup, doesnt have to be very expensive but it should be hypo allergenic and non comodegenic so it doesnt clog pores. Also try not to ever sleep with your makeup on no matter how late you go to bed, but if you are too tired to wash your face, a baby wipe will suffice til morning. Since I have been using Dove products on my face my skin has been very nice! Take care!
I know a lot of people like Dove....they prefer the bar.

Good tip regarding not sleeping with makeup....that is BIG! The one foundation my derm said was ok....was by Perscriptives and other you can find that have no mineral oil, be sure they are (like you said) hypo allergenic, non-comodegenic, oil free and dermatologist tested.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Starlite - use the flaxseed oil in a salad dressing! It's great that way too - with other quality spices and some lemon juice - that nutty flavor will come thru -but it won't be so - gag like!

I take it internally - with my vitamins!
actually, i forgot to mention that but that was one of my favorite ways to use flax oil. gittleman recommends 2 tbsp flax oil, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar and lemon juice and spices as well!! its very tasty tangy salad dressing!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with Starlight - genes have a lot to do with it, but I think diet can help tremendously! My number one tip for beautiful skin is green smoothies!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I found the same, drinking water did not help my skin, just made me wee alot. LOL. I use mostly natural products. But on the odd occassion i get a break out i use Nivea's young clean deeper scrub! helps me!

Oh and i also know from experience that too many products can make ur skin worse! Good luck x

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ha I don't think there really is a secret, we get what we came with, but! If you want some skin care products that can help you clear up your skin, I would try MD Formulations Adult Anti-Blemish kit, it has a really nice moisturizer, cleanser, toner, and treatment

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I agree with bad cat, I think that for the most part its genetic. You can see families where acne runs actively, they're obviously aren't all making the same mistake, except for maybe sharing genes. Then again, its not always about the cards you get, but how you play your hand.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i don't think there is any secrete behind it.just follow your daily routine and don't use many creams ..thats my secrete

·
Registered
576 Posts
Genetics definitely seems to be number 1!
But you can take control of your lifestyle habits.
Smoking can not only increase acne outbreaks but enlarge pores and set the foundation for acne scarring by stripping away the skin's natural ability to produce collagen, which breaks down anyway as we age. Stop smoking!
Diet may also be an important factor for many of us. Our skin is also known as our "second liver" constantly working for many of us to remove toxins from our body. Many people are now connecting acne to food sensitivities. I, for one, have noticed a connection to my occasional cystic acne flare-ups and my dairy or soy intake. Fresh fruits (vit. A and C), B12, veggies, and salmon 2x per week help to manage my acne and oily skin. Keep a food journal!
I also personally recommend one-two ounces of wheat grass per day. Wheat grass helps to build your immune system so that you are less inclined to environmental, diet, or even stress-related acne flare-ups. I do believe wheat grass is magical! I hardly ever get sick either!
I also personally feel that exercise is key. Exercise ( And I mean the sweaty kind) helps to balance hormone levels and increase blood circulation. The sweat detoxes pores. Always reward yourself after a good, sweaty workout with a nice hot shower. Do not let your pores re-close with the salt and resurfaced bacteria that your skin is trying to get rid of!!! If you have cystic acne or boils many experts say to stay away from strenuous exercise but I have found that the increased blood flow helps the active acne come to a head, allowing it to thoroughly drain - less likely to come back. I really find that exercise has helped my hormonal acne.
And Yes... water makes me bloat too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lots of water...
N dont irritate ur skin wit all those creams n moisturizers..
I have heard that Flaxseeds really help to clear out skin..1 Tablespoon everday....I've just started n can already feel the difference...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe that Acne is caused because of a hormonal imbalance and the livers inability to rid itself of toxins. Once your blood is clean, nothing will appear on your skin. I wish I could post the link for you to read, but I have to have 15 posts first
You can do a google search and tons of info will appear. I'm so excited because I don't have any active acne for the first time in years. Ive had acne really bad for about 9 years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As much as I would like to say otherwise, you can't really get flawless skin by eating healthy and exercising. I'm sure eating healthy helps, but not that much. And I would know, because most of the food I eat is organic and I hardly ever drink sodas and stuff. I exercise every day. And my skin is not close to perfect!

I don't know what the golden rule (or rules, as the case may be) to perfect skin are. My problem is probably bad genes, though, so maybe I'm wrong and for some extremely lucky people out there, flawless skin is only a couple miles and a few hundred apples away! It's worth a try and I'm not going to stop eating healthy because it's not changing my skin.

Good luck!

41 - 60 of 88 Posts