Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Morning-

Cleans face with Neutrogena deep clean cleanser (under 4.0 ph) I want to switch to one that is less acidic soon. Like around 5.0 ph
Apply my DIY C serum. Then wait aprox. 20 minutes and then spray my face with NaPCA and use several drops of this to my face and hands.
Premium ingredients at less than premium prices... Lotioncrafter :: Botanical Extracts :: Centella Asiatica Extract
This product is also in my C serum. I just want to add more do to claims of collagen boosting.
Then I apply my sunscreen. Currently using Garnier Ambre Solaire SPF 50+
PPD of around 22........I'm looking to get one with a higher PPD level.

Night-

Cleans face with Neutrogena Extra Gentle cleanser. Use apple cider vinegar to take off any remaining sunscreen on my face. Usually around my eyes.
Immediately apply my 0.05% retin-a gel on all areas of my face and neck (ocassionally lips as well) also on my hands and every other night on my arms.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Huh! So THAT'S what that's for! I've seen centella listed in several anti-aging products and never knew why they were in there! Interesting! So you gonna make something with it?

On a separate note, re: lycopene, here's a C serum with lycopene already in it, so it must be good! Wot yu tink?

MyChelle The Perfect C Serum Collagen Enhancer -- 15 mL - Vitacost

Way too pricey though: 15 ml for $40.00.......? I dont TEEENK so!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Huh! So THAT'S what that's for! I've seen centella listed in several anti-aging products and never knew why they were in there! Interesting! So you gonna make something with it?

On a separate note, re: lycopene, here's a C serum with lycopene already in it, so it must be good! Wot yu tink?

MyChelle The Perfect C Serum Collagen Enhancer -- 15 mL - Vitacost

Way too pricey though: 15 ml for $40.00.......? I dont TEEENK so!
Yes Skinceuticals has it in several of their products.
I'm just gonna use it like I mentioned for now.

That is a pretty pricey product indeed for 15ml
Ingredients look good but you never really know what amount of actives they put in these things. Besides the 17% vitamin C. That's the beuty of DIY. And saving a fortune.

Centella asiatica in skin care products.

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
AM

cleanse
apply HA/collagen serum
moisturize
sunscreen

PM

cleanse micro fiber
tone
Vit C serum (lather head to toe) not really just about
Retin-A/GC
moisturize/oils
latisse

once a week apply AHA exfoliator, and once a week mask

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi guys!
Its time to share your daily skin care routine^^,
I have a regular cleansing tonetr moisturizer routine that I practice eceryday. I dont forget the toner because it keeps the oiliness of my face. Also I make it a point to exfoliate twice a week with a scrub. I have recently started using an anti aging night cream as well.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Gymrat - does your collagen serum contain copper peptides or something that would react with the vitamin C serum? Just wondering why you apply it at night along with the Retin-A/GC?

My routine is similar -

AM - cleanse (in shower), wait 30 minutes, apply Vit C serum, wait 30 minutes, apply moisturizer, then sunscreen.

Sometime in the AM - do facial exercises, which take about 30 minutes.

For moisturizers I am alternating between a commercial prep that I am using up (Lancome) and oils (rosehip seed oil, sweet almond oil) which I prefer and will move to exclusively once the commercial prep is gone. I may also go with one of the NaPCA products that Peri and Fawnie have recommended.

PM - cleanse (Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser), toner (Bliss Youth As We Know It), Retin-A, wait 1 hour, apply eye cream (Viterol A).

NO MOISTURIZER or anything is applied after the Retin-A (except around the eyes). I do not want to risk compromising the effectiveness of the Retin-A. Here again, once the commercial toner is gone, I will not repurchase it but replace it with a natural alternative, maybe ACV - since I drink it anyway!

BQ - once a week; brown sugar/honey/olive oil scrub - a couple times a week; microfiber cloth - every other day.

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Gymrat - does your collagen serum contain copper peptides or something that would react with the vitamin C serum? Just wondering why you apply it at night along with the Retin-A/GC?

No, I apply my collagen serum in the AM, not the PM with my Retin-A/GC. Should I change this? Hey, I change my routine so much, I will mix and match stuff all the time.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
No, I apply my collagen serum in the AM, not the PM with my Retin-A/GC. Should I change this? Hey, I change my routine so much, I will mix and match stuff all the time.
I don't know what the impact is of applying other stuff so close in time with the A products. Some say to wait an hour, some less. I am conservative and do not want to risk compromising the effectiveness of the A (in my case, Retin-A), so like Peri - I apply the Retin-A standalone and tough it out - not followed or preceded by a moistuizer.

I asked the question because I noticed that you applied the Vit C serum at night as well as the A products. I just wondered if you did so because the collagen that you used in the morning contains copper peptides or something that interacts with the C - and so the C could not also be used in the AM?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts

Using the C serum in the morning under your suncreen, moisturizer, etc. is best.
Especially if your C serum also has vit. E and Ferulic acid in it. This serum will be a full body SPF 8 that will not wash off. It will help mop up those pesky free radicals that your sunscreen let through. Among it's other benefits I know your aware of such as exfoliation, collagen stimulation.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I received some Rooibos Extract (red tea) today. I already use green tea in my C serum
and I thought this would be a good addition. I'll use it as a spray along with the other two products just before my sunscreen. Anyone else ever used this tea?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I received some Rooibos Extract (red tea) today. I already use green tea in my C serum
and I thought this would be a good addition. I'll use it as a spray along with the other two products just before my sunscreen. Anyone else ever used this tea?
Only as a beverage - esp. blueberry rooibos - it's delicious!

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Using the C serum in the morning under your suncreen, moisturizer, etc. is best.
Especially if your C serum also has vit. E and Ferulic acid in it. This serum will be a full body SPF 8 that will not wash off. It will help mop up those pesky free radicals that your sunscreen let through. Among it's other benefits I know your aware of such as exfoliation, collagen stimulation.
Peri so you think I should switch my Vit C to the AM? Is my collagen serum ok in the PM with my Retin-A? The reason I skip the Vit C in the AM is because I am so rushed usally (only to get to my computer, just kidding, just kidding) Also, another reason I skip the ap of Vit C in the AM is because I sweat it off at the gym. How long does this stay on the skin? I read like 72 hours from the time you apply it, but I didn't believe that. Can you confirm? And yes, I do have E and F in my new batch of serum now. I know, gymrat is getting brave!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm new here so please tell me if the products I'm using are a yeah or nah.

Am Peter Thomas Roth Anti Aging Cleanser
Burt's Bees naturally ageless serum
Peter Thomas Roth Uber Dry Sunscreen SPF 30

PM Philosophy Purity
Philosophy retinol cream
PHilosophy Hope in a Jar (Looking for an alternative. Just tried a sample of Joppa Minerals Acai berry cream and I really liked that. w-w-w.joppaminerals.com/catalog/item/6076727/6819489.htm there are no dashes in the www but it wouldn't let me post the link .)

Once a week ORigins Clear Complexion Mask and Philosophy Microdelivery.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Peri so you think I should switch my Vit C to the AM? Is my collagen serum ok in the PM with my Retin-A? The reason I skip the Vit C in the AM is because I am so rushed usally (only to get to my computer, just kidding, just kidding) Also, another reason I skip the ap of Vit C in the AM is because I sweat it off at the gym. How long does this stay on the skin? I read like 72 hours from the time you apply it, but I didn't believe that. Can you confirm? And yes, I do have E and F in my new batch of serum now. I know, gymrat is getting brave!
Congrats on your new serum

Yes I'd take it in the AM....just too much protection from the sun to miss out on it IMO. If the PH is right in your serum and it is getting to the dermis, it wont wash off.
Yes 72 hours is what I've read also.
Wash with a neutral (around 5.0 ph) cleanser in the morning to avoid waiting to apply the serum. Of course you'll still have to wait around 20 minutes or so after before using another product.
The one I mentioned to you and you found at the health food store will be my next one.

Gotta love the price and the 5.0 ph level
Earth Science Clarifying Facial Wash -- 8 fl oz - Vitacost

1 - 20 of 38 Posts