Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hair gets oily by mid-afternoon. Grr. What kind of shampoos do I need to use? Do I still need to use conditioner?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Your best bet would be to use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of build up and make your hair feel refreshed. You can also try Nasabb Black Soap, I used it on my hair and it left it squeaky clean yet slighty drying. But I think because you naturally have oily hair, it won't be drying at all.

You can use conditioner if you want but I think you should only apply it on the ends so your hair won't feel weighed down.

Traditional African Black Soap

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your best bet would be to use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of build up and make your hair feel refreshed. You can also try Nasabb Black Soap, I used it on my hair and it left it squeaky clean yet slighty drying. But I think because you naturally have oily hair, it won't be drying at all.

You can use conditioner if you want but I think you should only apply it on the ends so your hair won't feel weighed down.

Traditional African Black Soap
Wow that was a quick response! Thank you.
Yeah it irritatingly gets oil by mid-afternoon to early evening. I'll be checking out clarifying shampoos later.
About the soap, sadly we don't have that here where I'm from.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wow that was a quick response! Thank you.
Yeah it irritatingly gets oil by mid-afternoon to early evening. I'll be checking out clarifying shampoos later.
About the soap, sadly we don't have that here where I'm from.
Yeah, I am getting kinda hooked on this site and I am bored too,lol. I love beauty stuff, makeup and lotions! You can just order from the link I gave you, that's the site where I bought the soap and Shea Butter.

Also, if you don't want to use condition, get Creme of Nature Shampoo.
It's the best shampoo I used, I actually grew up with it. It makes your hair so soft afterwards and still clean-not squeaky clean. It is typically in Black/African/Carribean/Sally Hanson stores but anyone can use it. I remember I was a Beauty Advisor and I recommended it to this White lady, she was a little dubious but I told her anyone can use it. When she came back, she was like yeah, it did leave my hair soft, I didn't even need conditioner. It's not expensive either.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I agree with Ebony - a clarifying shampoo might help, but don't get into the cycle of overdrying your hair then trying to overcondition it. Use something gentle.
Also, you might want to apply conditioner to the ends only and stay away from the scalp since it's oily.
Do you rotate your shampoos? Using the same formula for weeks on end can make my hair limp and unmanageable.
Jason Biotin is a nice product that doesn't weigh fine hair down.

Jason Natural, Natural Biotin Shampoo, 16 fl oz (500 ml) - iHerb.com

Most health food stores and even Meijer stores carry it.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts