Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
33,882 Posts
She did try to give me some Dermalogica stuff, but it's way more expensive from her than from Ebay etc. I'm trying to look better/attractive=D
She reccomended Dermalogica? Hmmm, I found Dermalogica to be just ok. I haven't used their products in awhile, but used too use their whole line. Everyones skin is different, you might really like their stuff. But definately don't buy from the Derms office, you can always find it cheaper elsewhere. They do have a nice facewash, for dry skin, that I liked alot, maybe try and find it on ebay.

Homepage - Dermalogica USA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our pores release oils for two reasons, it's there to protect our skin so foreign things don't go into our system and also there to lubricate our skin. Sometimes external and internal things happen to upset that balance and in the process we get congestion within the pores causing break-outs, excessive dryness, irritation and other skin related problems. When the skin is irritated, it's normally red, flaky and perhaps burns a bit when you put on a product. If you exfoliate with a scrubbing agent on a regular basis, you are essentially removing the necessary lipids and the skin reacts to this by producing more oil within the glands, thereby causing excess oiliness and possible pimples. Essentially you may have dry skin and just need an oil free form of hydration to help balance your skin externally. Skin is a science and usually it's letting you know what it needs. A gentle cleanser, a gentle toner and a gentle moisturizer and a good oil free SPF (Dermalogica makes a good one called Sensitive SPF 30) Products that do not contain Anti-Aging ingredients such as Retinols (Vit A) can be irritating to the skin. Gentle products are a safe bet. Even excessive daily usage of products containing benzoyl peroxide, alcohols, glycolic acids or salisylics can cause irritation. Sometimes too much is causing a lot of the problems. Exfoliate with a scrub only once a week just to remove the dead skin cells and it allows for products to penetrate better. Sometimes you get recover from irritations just by washing with an intert product such as Cetaphil until your skin has healed. I would say, find a hydrating, gentle and soothing product with natural ingredients such as chamomile, aloe vera, glycerin, peptides, hyaluronates, cucumber, etc... are more non irritating yet hydrating and soothing, particulary to men who normally shave and shaving is already a form of daily exfoliation. Hopefully this helps you, remember... "Less is More"

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would get a gentle natural exfoliator to remove the dead skin cells.
Also a cleanser and toner is an important part of skin care.
And eating a healthy diet and drinking average 2 litres of water per day is key to clear, healthy skin. and this will also help with the aging process. =]

21 - 24 of 24 Posts