Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, what relaxer does everyone use?

I use Just for Me Children's Coarse Relaxer

·
Registered
582 Posts
It depends on what I feel like using at the time. SOmetimes : Affirm, Elasta QP, Revlon, or this one that starts with an S that we get from a distributor. No matter which one I use I always use a sensitive scalp mild. Or with the Affirm I use fiberguard b/c of my highlights. Mizani, personally, I think is too strong but some people like it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is highly unusual for a client to bring their own products when going to a salon. Ok, this might be a dumb question - but why can't you just do it yourself if you already have the product?

I am 35. I have been getting my hair relaxed since I was 8. I started relaxing it MYSELF when I was about 22 when money got tight and I couldn't afford to keep going to get it re-touched every 6 weeks and "done" every week. I had been going to the same person nearly my entire life and watched closely because I like my hair to look a certain way.

If you maintain your own hair in between getting it relaxed, then there really isn't a reason why you can't just do the whole thing! Just go thru the motions...set a date that you want to do it... No scratching your scalp or washing you hair the day before...grab a watch or a timer and set it for 20 minutes. Line the outter edges of your scalp with vaseline...part your hair and get busy. When you're done, hop in the shower and wash it all out til the water runs clear and the suds are no longer pink.

Historically, my hair is usually somewhere near my bra strap, but I'm sporting it short right now (for the 4th time). Have a little faith in yourself. Only YOU know what you want your hair to look like and there's no time like the present to save a little extra loot! Besides, who the hell wants to drive 2 hours away just to get your hair done?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts