Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had purchased a OTC product by a skin care center that did plastic surgery and procedures. However, I forget the name and really want to use the best OTC product. I am almost positive it was a hydroxy acid.

I just recall I did some research and there were 2 types and one was an alhpey and one was glycolic acid. & there was a maximum strength for OTC products & I what I purchased was a the maximum.I realize the data i am giving is sketchy at best.

Basically, what I am asking is what OTC is the strongest product for wrinkle prevention and possibly diminish the ones I have. I do want to use one of the hydroxy acid types and the reason is I was told they were the best but realize everyone will have various opinions.

Yes I do use a mineral based sunblock & will make certain 2do so when I use any type of Retin A derivative.

Thanks

(ps if it helps I believe the product was said the words Md on it)

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Welcome. The best and most proven product backed by much science and not some hollywood star on tv is retin-a (tretinoin)
While it is not OTC, I can tell you how to buy it for cheaper than most any product you will use. Give me a PM

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks peri,
I tried to pm you but u need to post 15 messages before u allowd 2 pm someone. i have a generic email [email protected] if u want to chat there. I just want 2 give u aheads up while i realize nothing is free. I dont have a ton of coin to spend.

thanks I only check that email once in a while so let me know if u r going to hit me up there.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi,

I had purchased a OTC product by a skin care center that did plastic surgery and procedures. However, I forget the name and really want to use the best OTC product. I am almost positive it was a hydroxy acid.

I just recall I did some research and there were 2 types and one was an alhpey and one was glycolic acid. & there was a maximum strength for OTC products & I what I purchased was a the maximum.I realize the data i am giving is sketchy at best.

Basically, what I am asking is what OTC is the strongest product for wrinkle prevention and possibly diminish the ones I have. I do want to use one of the hydroxy acid types and the reason is I was told they were the best but realize everyone will have various opinions.

Yes I do use a mineral based sunblock & will make certain 2do so when I use any type of Retin A derivative.

Thanks

(ps if it helps I believe the product was said the words Md on it)
MD Forte? Very reliable product but very expensive IMO! Why not use Retin-A which is a lot cheaper! Peri can tell you about it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys

I am checking it out now.

Peri, thanks for the PM. and Fawni Yes!! That was the name of it. I don't think - no matter how much googling I did I would have come up with the name. I was searching for it cause like u said I had a hunch it was a good product but am now going to look into what u and peri suggest.
Thanks 4 saving me time & effort.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fawni,
I renetlyseen on utube Carol Maggio & her facial exercise programs she seems like she has been on some reptuable programs and if the pics are real the before and after effects are dramatic.

I begain doing one exercise cause I am getting her book fro the library before buying it and i am unsure if it is a placebo effect but I think I see A difference as she said in only 5 days.

u or any one else reading this post have
a thought?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was able to access the Trentinion. I am confused on
1- what strenght to order
2- cream or gel
3- How many tubes would you recommend buying- it says they are 20 mg

Never ordered this product before, so any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I was able to access the Trentinion. I am confused on
1- what strenght to order
2- cream or gel
3- How many tubes would you recommend buying- it says they are 20 mg

Never ordered this product before, so any advice is appreciated.
This great link will answer many questions you might have.

Use Retinoids the Right Way

If I were just starting out, I'd order maybe 2-3 tubes of the 0.025% and the rest 0.05%
Of course you could just get all 0.05% and use as the above link says. SLOW and steady.
You should go SLOW and steady regardless.
I like the gel due to what I've read about it penetrating better.
Maybe buy at least 5 tubes to help offset the high shipping cost. I would not buy a boat load as I personally would not want to maybe raise a red flag to customs as potentially being a re-seller. But that's just me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts