Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the lowest to the highest price that a person should probably pay for a good lightener? My thought would be that $40 bucks is too much, as that is the amount that I had spent on the makari before.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
it depends, for me personally, I get my Retin-A from superskinstore for 15 bucks, that lasts me a good 2 and a half to three months used every night. However, when it comes to hydroquinone 4% I dont buy the one from ADC or SSS, I invest about 35 bucks and get the Glymed Plus Physicians Elite HQ 4% with 10% Lactic Acid at skinelite.com, its 2 ounces and lasts me 2 months. When it comes to hydroquinone 4%, I believe quality really matter, this one is a gel version with added Lactic Acid which works synergistically with RA to produce an even and clear complexion.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
394 Posts
it depends, for me personally, I get my Retin-A from superskinstore for 15 bucks, that lasts me a good 2 and a half to three months used every night. However, when it comes to hydroquinone 4% I dont buy the one from ADC or SSS, I invest about 35 bucks and get the Glymed Plus Physicians Elite HQ 4% with 10% Lactic Acid at skinelite.com, its 2 ounces and lasts me 2 months. When it comes to hydroquinone 4%, I believe quality really matter, this one is a gel version with added Lactic Acid which works synergistically with RA to produce an even and clear complexion.
Light, the HQ and LA mix sounds interesting, well if that's u in ur avatar, ur skin tone looks great
. What % of LA is in this HQ u get, do u know? Uhum, i'd like to try that. I'll go check out the website, hope no scripts are needed. thanks for posting!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Neostrata also makes a great HQ4% glycolic acid 15% cream. When I first began lightening, this was what I used alongside Avon's peeling pads. The problem was that the tube was too small & it cost $40 a pop as did the pads.

I now get the RA 0.1% & the HQ4% from ADC. My results have been great & the cost is minimal. Since I also use RA at 0.1% (highest strength) I no longer need an acid blended into my HQ. My costs have dropped to roughly $25-$30/month including BOTH products.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
ttee, its lactic acid 10% and no you definitely dont need a script for it, I searched the whole web for quality HQ 4% products and this was the only one that was quality but without a script, I think some neostrata products, the 4% ones need an rx. oh and ONDINE - you spend $25-30 monthly, Im guessing it doesnt include the $24 shipping from ADC so your total would be $49-$54/month?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you use it for the whole body, the face or just certain parts of the body and how much is the shipping and handling? What do you use as a good moisturizer to avoid skin drying LightenNLift?

I think the ideal price that I would like to spend would be $30-40, and once I reach my goal I would rather spend maybe $20 to maintain.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I use it for my face and neck, the shipping is 3 bucks for the Retin-A which lasts 2-3 months so thats $18 total for the Retin-A. The HQ 4% is $5 shipping plus $35 for 2 months total of $40 bucks for face/neck used every night. I personally get my moisture from 3 things:
1. My Garnier Ultra Sensitive SPF 50+ sunblock (contains a hydrating complex/Vitamin E)
2. I use a multivitamin serum from ebay called Rosehip and Hibiscus Serum - it contains vitamin A, B, C, E, F (fatty oils), K, rosehip, neem oil, hibiscus, MSM, and a bunch of other stuff.
3. At the end of the day I use Lumene Cleansing Oil which not only breaksdown and cleans away my waterproof sunscreen but it also moisturizes the skin, takes away flakes and deep cleans the pores.

*So in short, I get my moisture from the variety of other products in my regimen during the day but if you want a good moisturizer I would recommend a moisturizer with SUNBLOCK during the day.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
47 Posts
LnL
Have you used any other Lumene products...like the Lumene Vitamin C Energy Cocktail Intensive Care serum?
Just curious, I am looking for a good serum..any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I havent tried any other Lumene products, I usually dont purchase these drug store brands as they have minimal effects on your skin with the exception of hte oil cleanser that ACTUALLY has the right kind of oils to deep clean and neutrogena deep clean cleanser that has hte right pH and cleans all the **** form your skin,

You want a good serum?
I HIGHLY recommend you get the SKINCEUTICALS C E FERULIC, its on the expensive side but it definitely gives results and has scienitific backing, their vitamin C serum is also great.
But if you cant afford it then go to the anti-aging department on this website and get the recipe for a Do It Yourself Vitamin C serum, you can ask peri, gym, me how to make it, its cheap, very effective and you get to make it fresh every time.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
47 Posts
okay thanks LnL

I actually bought the serum from Lumene just bc i dont really have any of the stuff to make the DIY vit C serum over in basic skin care/anti aging but once its finished you can bet that i will be hitting u up for help on where to buy all those products to make my own!!!
SKINCEUTICALS C E FERULIC.....Dang 90 bucks for 1 oz thats some serious $$$$$....
but the reviewers state its worth it
i wonder how long would that last if youre using is 2x a day????

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I would just use it once a day, apply it in the morning and take it off at night, twice a day? well you have to use retin-A or something else at night right?, use once a day, it lasts one to one and a half month, twice a day 3 weeks if you push it then one month.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts