Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing Skinceuticals GL Gel peel (20% glycolic/ 10% lactic mixture, Mediterranean fruit vinegar) for about a year now. I want to try a TCA peel at home. I was thinking of starting with 12.5%, and was wondering would that percentage help erase fine lines and would I be able to go to work the next day.

Thanks

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Well you could probably go to work the next day. When I do my peels I plan to not go much of anywhere until I have finished peeling. Everyone has different results with different levels of peels. I get an ok peel/flakiness with the 12.5% where as some actually peel using it. It gets even better for me with the 15%, and for the 18% I have it done professionally. With the 18% noway could you go to work, well, I guess you could, but I wouldn't.

So I would say start with the 12.5% do it when you have a day off or two to see how you are going to respond to it.

I get my peels at as do a few others on the site
TCA Peel, TCA Peels, TCA Peel For At Home Use

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Unless you have some down time for a stronger peel the lighter one may be best until you can find some down time to spend at home. I am with gymrat start low and slow

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will a 12.5% peel erase fine lines around the eye? And what is the difference between glycolic peel and a TCA peel?

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would I be foolish to start with the 15% peel? I have been doing peels for a year now and nothing seems to make me peel or remove the fine lines.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts