Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, afternoon, or evening people. I have an issue that i don't know what it is. I'm a male that tries to keep my face clean. I don't really get too many pimples, maybe one or two from time to time. I have oily skin though and my pores are pretty big (which i find appearance-wise.. not too good). To top that off. the big pores on my nose (tip and sides of the nostrils), on my inner cheeks (right below my eyes and beside my nose), seem to be clogged. I don't know what they are and i usually spend an hour almost 2 -3 days out of the week using small tweezers kinda pressing them out or pulling them out. I don't know if it's just oil that gets trapped in the pores and becomes more solidified (almost like waxy) or if it's dirt and oil. It can't be sebacious glands could it? Either way, it doesn't look nice when you look at my skin up close and see little opaque bumps on my skin. i took pictures of it if anyone wants to see to make sure what it is. Im kinda lost, don't have time to see a dermatologist about it. I don't really want to keep poking at my skin to get them out every week as it would probably end up scarring my face or creating the pores to be bigger. please help. thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aspirin mask? hmm... Would any system (such as vascular system) in your body be affected by the amount of aspirin you're using for this mask? I'm not too sure on it, but my rationale was that, Aspirin is used as an anti-platelet medication as well as for pain for patients with a risk for heart attacks, and an increased risk for blood clotting. So... with that in mind, i'm not sure if aspirin would absorb into your skin and affect other systems such as the one i described. I dunno. maybe i'm just being weird. hahha. I know that a lot of acne medications have salysilic acid already but at lower concentrations. I just don't wanna make that aspirin mask and uh... bleed to death. lol. Sorry, not trying to joke about it, I always just try to think of any adverse side effects of things i put in my body or on top of it. thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think stressing for your large pores will kill you not the aspirin (just kidding) I know this is serious matter for you dj, I have been there, I even had a chemical peeling that was supposed to reduce the size of my pores and I end up with two big scars. Facials done by an aesthetician will help to get ride of whatever is in your pores but since you don't have time...?

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I think stressing for your large pores will kill you not the aspirin (just kidding) I know this is serious matter for you dj, I have been there, I even had a chemical peeling that was supposed to reduce the size of my pores and I end up with two big scars. Facials done by an aesthetician will help to get ride of whatever is in your pores but since you don't have time...?
since you don't have time.......warm up a wash cloth, let it sit on your face for awhile, remove it.........and start picking!!!

Some Easy Methods For Removing Blackheads Successfully

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Gymrat, I didn't read everything since I don't have time, but the Blackhead strips, I tried once on my nose and NEVER again, my nose was so red!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Gymrat, I didn't read everything since I don't have time, but the Blackhead strips, I tried once on my nose and NEVER again, my nose was so red!
Honestly, when I would get a blackhead, which wasn't often, I would place a warm wash cloth on it and then just pop it. When I had acne it was more cystic that wouldn't pop.

Yes I have heard some horror stories on those blackhead strips.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I'm thinking the waxy collections on my nose are whiteheads...
Special K:

They are collections of sebum, whatever you want to call them!

A salicylic acid/BHA product will clean them up and keep them clean.
I wouldn't squeeze or pick at them since that could cause infection, scarring or dilated capillaries.

You could gentle exfoliate with one of these too:

Microfiber Cleansing Cloth*-*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

I use this to keep them clean.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think to some extent, what's in your pores is kinda natural- if it gets bacteria or germs then it becomes a spot and gets covered in skin and gets sore and then you have a problem

- but just have this image of you squeezing every pore on your face to release what will only get put back there 12 hours later- its natural dead skin cells, water, natural oils....and for those I would leave them there- exfoliate by all means, but your not going to ever get rid of the pores, even if you squeeze what's inside of them out every day of your life so they will always be noticeable to look at. We all have them- your not alone

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks so much for everybody's input. I'll take em all into account seeing to it that i'm super clueless when it comes to skin care. I mean, I wash my face with soap and water, recently started using one of those exfoliating peel mask things that are like glue that hardens on your skin and you peel it off. I apply neutrogena acne astringents to my skin about 2-3 times a day to keep the oil somewhat regulated through out the day. Other than that, i don't know anything else. haha. So thanks once again to everyone's advice. I also have started eating less oily foods and increased my daily water intake because I noticed when i eat fastfood during the week, those are the days that i start getting pimples on the back of my head as well. So... that's me. thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks so much for everybody's input. I'll take em all into account seeing to it that i'm super clueless when it comes to skin care. I mean, I wash my face with soap and water, recently started using one of those exfoliating peel mask things that are like glue that hardens on your skin and you peel it off. I apply neutrogena acne astringents to my skin about 2-3 times a day to keep the oil somewhat regulated through out the day. Other than that, i don't know anything else. haha. So thanks once again to everyone's advice. I also have started eating less oily foods and increased my daily water intake because I noticed when i eat fastfood during the week, those are the days that i start getting pimples on the back of my head as well. So... that's me. thanks!
Don't know if its any help, but it could be that your being a bit too harsh with your skin:
Our skin is actually more intelligent than we give it credit for! and if your skin is naturally oily, and you apply a drying product, it will then just produce more oil to compensate- though it takes a week or two to do this, it will do this to keep your skin as oily as it was before.

It could be an idea to try looking at the excess oil and why your skin is doing that- which opens may thoughts on allergies or intolerances, (not just to skin care but also to what you eat) and how you clean your face- little and many steps seems the way to go with oily skin (have friends with oily skin and they say this works for them). Instead of using one step to cleanse our face, try cleansing, toning and moisturising. Also remember to exfoliate twice to three times a week and dab your face dry- do not rub. Take powder paper with you to dab during the day if it helps, And although I am sure your not doing so anyway, but during the day: hands off your face- (and same to anyone else who tries to feel your face -small children, boyfr..etc). Don't forget to look at which makeup brands you use if you use any, some could irritate your skin and the excess oil could be a result. But just sometimes, taking lots of little steps is better then taking one big step if you get what I mean!

Hope your getting on with it all OK!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the advice Jen. I'm a guy by the way. haha. But yeah, I have to change my diet routine through out the week more often and the oil papers seem like a good idea once i talk my pride out of resisting that idea.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for the advice Jen. I'm a guy by the way. haha. But yeah, I have to change my diet routine through out the week more often and the oil papers seem like a good idea once i talk my pride out of resisting that idea.
Haha- that was quite a female orientated reply wasn't it?! sorry!

The papre powder things could be quite good as you could easily tear off any images you don't like on the front cover, then just keep 'em in your wallet- they are about credit card sized so easily hidden- and just take them out to use when you get to the little boys room
(easily disposed of too!)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

Try BIORE Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips. On the packet it says 'maximum strength nose strips remove stubborn, pore-clogging dirt, oil and blackheads as they refresh and purify pores'.

They contain tea-tree oil, menthol and witch hazel.

Available cheaply from:

BiorÃa9Âae - skincare, pore cleansing, pore minimizing, blemish control

I suggest you tone your skin after with either witch hazell. You could consider neat vodka as a toner because it tightens skin-pores.

All the best,

redrose

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just cracking up ... Ultra this ... smooth that ... you don't like pores ?

then why have 'em ? Answer : No fried food , I mean none , only chocolate is sugarless 85% Cocao ( I know U like sugar) No Thai food, at least none of that smoky oil Wok , they love to burn oil for taste. No alcohol , except external. You do want to clear this ? Get some Rosemary oil. USe it.
Get some Geranium Bourbon ( instead of vodka) entire head, go on.. let it out in Apricot Kernel oil, less than 20 % ess oil.
Use Dead sea salts ( in water) on your face, and drink 1 tablespoon in H20
after a parasite cleanse, if you run ... then you need detox.
Plenty of Grapefruit juice, lemon tea .. no honey , no sugar . Stevia.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm a guy too, with oily skin, at least on parts of my face. I do weekly peels with a blend of salicylic and lactic acid. I use them at a rather high concentration and it really does a good job keeping pores clean. Salicylic acid will help dissolve the hardened sebum (the stuff in your pores) and can be used in several ways. I swear by the weekly peels and I even have some in my daily cleanser. It's much the same as the aspirin mask, but a bit stronger. Like mentioned here: keeping the skin soft and comfortable is important. Using a moisturizer daily is a must.

Good luck with your

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the replies... I have cut down on the fried greasy bad habits. I'm really thinkin' about that aspirin mask. No Thai food? I'm thinkin' filipino foods more oily and can't help but have that nice home cookin'. haha. j/k. well... keep em commin. thanks again for all the advice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts