Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
There is usually some sort of residue on your skin after washing it -- possibly from cosmetics but even the product you are using to wash your face with. I've used toners but my skin is super sensitive and so I've recently been using a product made up of witch hazel and lavendar water. I've used just plain witch hazel as well.

If your skin is oily I'd go with a toner.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Contrary to popular belief, toner is not necessary most of the time. After washing your face, rinse with water and moisturise. Witch hazel is an irritant, so you might want to avoid that.

As Mari said though, toning does remove minute traces of product and dirt, but it also removes your natural oil barrier, which in the end is worse overall compared to leaving the face alone after washing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Contrary to popular belief, toner is not necessary most of the time. After washing your face, rinse with water and moisturise. Witch hazel is an irritant, so you might want to avoid that.

As Mari said though, toning does remove minute traces of product and dirt, but it also removes your natural oil barrier, which in the end is worse overall compared to leaving the face alone after washing.
I agree, I stopped using toner a while ago and my skin has improved since then. I think the less you do to aggravate your skin the better!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't know... my skin tends to look better when I use a toner, and it's really sensitive. Since I don't scrub with a washcloth, how else will you get the dead skin cells off?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is important to use an exfoliating cleanser. I use st. ives apricot scrub like 4 times a week. It cleans away all the dead skin cells and any other build up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use a Jasmine Facial Toner made from nourishing teas and extracts and is a 100% Natural, I think a toner is quite important though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would recommend to use Oceanate Scrub to restore radiance of complexion. tone of tissues and boost the cellular activity by removing dead cells.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I would advise on using a toner if you've combination/oily skin. My skin always feels tight after washing with a face wash, a toner helps fix that and also remove last traces of oils and make-up. Go for a gentle toner which is non-perfumed and alcohol-free.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts