Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again everyone

I'm still trying to find the perfect product to use between my HQ and sunblock during the day. Emu oil is OK but I want to try something else. Anyway, I was thinking about using up my remaining Meladerm. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Would it buffer my HQ, enhance the effects? I was also thinking maybe rosehip oil, which is supposed to be great for scarring, etc and I think very high in Vitamin C. What do you all think?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks LightenNLift, I should have thought of that. What do you think about the Meladerm, though, just to get rid of it so I haven't wasted my money, and then get some Vitamin C serum? Will nothing buffer the HQ as long as it's sunk right in for ten minutes or until dry? I can't help but worry about that. I don't want to put on anything that will lessen it's effectiveness.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
if u use meladerm with HQ and sunblock during the day, without a doubt, the meladerm will definitely buffer the HQ and decrease its effectiveness, however, researched products such as Vitamin C Serum - L-Ascorbic Acid helps HQ nad sunblock from degrading and makes ur skin glow at the same time without buffering. The meladerm is pretty much useless to u now, but u can give them to people who want them on here or ebay, I personally wouldnt mind if you happen to give one to me

PS I think you should stick with teh HQ/RA and Invisible Zinc routine for a whole year and not try anything else, these are proven ingredients that will work adn get better through time. Its in our nature to look for other products even when we are using effective ones.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
11 Posts
no pure lemon juice will BURN your skin, not kidding. It'll make it red and irritated.
I've been using lemon juice for month, simply because I do not have any alternatives and I don't think that it can be more irritating than HQ itself. It does burn, itch and feel tight but that does away as soon as the lemon dried. I apply baby oil about two hours after the lemon and my skin isn't read or irritated. But then again, I don't use HQ as well.

Btw, I used a HQ cream once.It started itching terribly hours later..and I only used that stuff once.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LightenNLift: Thanks! OK I will stick to using the Meladerm on my arms
. I certainly don't want to buffer. And I will definitely stick with this routine, for life if it works. I am confident it will. I can see changes already, and I really feel like this time on on the right track. The last couple of days, my skin has looked better than it has in years and there are a couple of tiny brown spots which have all but disappeared

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
It is soothing on my skin too & I've never experienced anything unpleasant from it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hi again everyone

I'm still trying to find the perfect product to use between my HQ and sunblock during the day. Emu oil is OK but I want to try something else. Anyway, I was thinking about using up my remaining Meladerm. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Would it buffer my HQ, enhance the effects? I was also thinking maybe rosehip oil, which is supposed to be great for scarring, etc and I think very high in Vitamin C. What do you all think?
Hi Karenannev, are you oiling before of after HQ? im trying both ways trying to see what works best!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Karenannev, are you oiling before of after HQ? im trying both ways trying to see what works best!
Hi PinkMoscato, I was oiling after HQ, but have stopped for now. I had a day after I posted about the emu oil where my skin was pretty red and uncomfortable all day, so I stopped. I am probably going to try some Vitamin C serum next, instead, but for now just HQ and then sunblock. Although I like the Invisible Zinc, I am going to try Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Daily Face (with Helioplex) today, which is new on our shelves. I couldn't resist! I'm about to put it on now. It will probably sting, but I just have to give it a go. I'll post my thoughts on it.

Sorry to get off track
. My feeling is that putting it on before would buffer the HQ. I may be wrong, though. What do you think Ondine?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hi PinkMoscato, I was oiling after HQ, but have stopped for now. I had a day after I posted about the emu oil where my skin was pretty red and uncomfortable all day, so I stopped. I am probably going to try some Vitamin C serum next, instead, but for now just HQ and then sunblock. Although I like the Invisible Zinc, I am going to try Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Daily Face (with Helioplex) today, which is new on our shelves. I couldn't resist! I'm about to put it on now. It will probably sting, but I just have to give it a go. I'll post my thoughts on it.

Sorry to get off track
. My feeling is that putting it on before would buffer the HQ. I may be wrong, though. What do you think Ondine?
ok, thanks.. im eager to hear your opinion of Neutrogena.. im usiing the sheer neutrogena SPF 90 now.. and its not bad but i prefer the ones that you dont have to wait the 20 minutes.. i got a sample of the nivea whitening face block 50 .. and i love it,,, no waiting exc. although it does leave a lil white effect it feels like its working..
NIVEA face SUN Block Whitening Cream SPF 50 PA ++ - bangkok - Bonanzle

and even better, while i was digging up a pic of the face type i found the body block too.. yay ill be trying that one
ive been doing oil first for now... ..NIVEA SUN Block Lotion SPF 50 PA ++ water resistant - bangkok - Bonanzle

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
ok, thanks.. im eager to hear your opinion of Neutrogena.. im usiing the sheer neutrogena SPF 90 now.. and its not bad but i prefer the ones that you dont have to wait the 20 minutes.. i got a sample of the nivea whitening face block 50 .. and i love it,,, no waiting exc. although it does leave a lil white effect it feels like its working..
NIVEA face SUN Block Whitening Cream SPF 50 PA ++ - bangkok - Bonanzle

and even better, while i was digging up a pic of the face type i found the body block too.. yay ill be trying that one
ive been doing oil first for now... ..NIVEA SUN Block Lotion SPF 50 PA ++ water resistant - bangkok - Bonanzle
Neutrogena spf 90?
I never knew they made it higher. I'll have to find which stores carry it where I live. I'm still using their spf 85

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Neutrogena spf 90?
I never knew they made it higher. I'll have to find which stores carry it where I live. I'm still using their spf 85[/QUOTE]
Yesss! They even have 100.... See
. I read somewhere that spf should be used @ all times. Now I always assumed this was "all times outdoors" do you wear spf at all times? Night and when u'll be indoors only?
http://international.drugstore.com:8...LAID=376020236

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PinkMoscato, I use my sunblock every day regardless of whether I'll be outdoors or not. It's just become part of my daily routine. I don't think it's good for your skin to have it on 24 hours a day. I can't remember the reason why but I think it was LightenNLift who posted it. Lately, I've been wearing a hat at night when I don't have my sunblock on, if I'm under our CFLs. I know it's probably crazy and unnecessary, and I'm sure I look totally stupid
, but I'm not taking any risks in setting myself back. I wish I could read somewhere where it is not necessary, because it's a pain in the @%&, but I keep getting mixed answers when I google, so just in case

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
neutrogena makes an spf 100+ there were commercials all over the place in the summer.

Regarding SUNBLOCK use 24/7:
sunblock is not meant to be used when the sun goes down because it has many chemicals in it that shield the strong rays of the sun for a certain period of time, after that period of time has passed (it can be a whole day- day as in sun up and sun set), it breaks down on your skin, becomes ineffective and overtime causes breakdown of your own skin which you dont want.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
neutrogena makes an spf 100+ there were commercials all over the place in the summer.

sunblock is not meant to be used when the sun goes down because it has many chemicals in it that shield the strong rays of the sun for a certain period of time, after that period of time has passed (it can be a whole day- day as in sun up and sun set), it breaks down on your skin, becomes ineffective and overtime causes breakdown of your own skin which you dont want.
Thanks LightenNLift,

I couldn't remember. We sure don't want to do that to our skin. So let's all stick to daytime only, everyone

·
Registered
1,098 Posts

I wonder where was I when the commercials were aired! I would love to try the spf 100. Yeah, it makes since not to wear it at night. The sun is already down and the skin needs to breathe sometimes as well...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Thanks LightenNLift,

I couldn't remember. We sure don't want to do that to our skin. So let's all stick to daytime only, everyone
ok, so... for times like now when it was pouring rain all day and i wore sunblock anyway...is showering tonight too long to wait?... this means my skin will only have about 9 hrs of NO-sunblock.. also.. are you guys using it head to toe or just on exposed areas?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts