Skin Care Talk banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
About 10 years ago there was a aromatherapist who got very good results with sagged tummies and stretchmarks. She gave regular massages and was into acupuncture and herbs. I remember she used rosehip seed oil among other oils for stretchmarks and sagging tummies. Rosehip seed oil seem to have a very good reputation as a scar healer, even on old scars. In the 15 years since I first got hold of this oil I have repeatedly heard success stories on anything from wrinkles, to stretchmarks.

The aromatherapist got lots of customers and within 3 months she had saggy tummies looking fine again. Some took a bit longer time. I especially remember a mother in her late 30's, who had a saggy tummy with lots of loose that never stretched back again. The impressive thing was that it was several years since her last pregnancy. After a time of massages and special oil blend she looked like new again, not a trace of sagging or excess skin. After a series of The therapist even treated stretchmarks and took on all kinds of skin trouble. Strechmarks could not go away completely but could be improved a lot.

From what I know of oils and essential oils I would recommend rosehip seed oil alone, or in a blend with oils suggested by other posters in this thread. Essential oil from helichrysum italicum is known to help with scars and healing. These are some of my favourite skin care oils for face too. Perhaps Eden and others who are into natural oils can recommend other oils that would work well for stretchmarks together with rosehip oil and helichrysum.

A series of dermarolling might be followed by daily applications of massage with oils. My main point is; Don't listen too much to the experts who says other treatments don't work. A plastic surgeon is really good at what he does, but don't necessarily know much about other approaches. I'm not suggesting tummy tucks are not a good solution, but in some cases other things can work really well.
I am about to try something along these lines. It's a chinese massage. I don't have a saggy tum at all, but I do have puberty-related stretchmarks. I'd love to reduce them. I'll post again once I've tried it.

· Registered
66 Posts
Im getting very interested in this derma roller approach, I've been doing skin brushing on my stretchmarks and its working a bit and micro needling seems a little more extreme approach. Anyone doing derma roller seen any improvements???? Please do tell.

· Registered
5 Posts
thank you. Has anyone had any luck with Vitamin E creams? What about cocoa butter? I have been using both for about a year and have not seen much difference. Im wondering if I should still keep at it.
They are just used for moisturizing,hun..Although they are great,they will not reverse the damage thats is done to the skin,they are more for preventing,rather then cure.To be used BEFORE,not after-u wont see any change,otherwise.

· Registered
5 Posts
I have some on my upper arm and makes me feel uncomfortable on sleeveless tops however, I have a friend who used Strivectin Sd judiciously and it works miracle on her stretchmarks....im hoping to start soonest.

· Registered
311 Posts
i heard that if the stretch marks are lighter than your skin tone you can lighten your skin tone so they blend in, has anyone tried this.
it kinda makes sense seeing as stretch marks don't respond to tanning or lightening creams when they're a light color

· Registered
2 Posts
All I'm gonna add is that you ladies rub coconut oil all over you tummy,lower, back and thighs to prevent stretch marks from occurring as your skin stretches to accommodate a new human being.

I did this my entire pregnancy and had NO stretch marks...BUT I still have old, old marks on my lower back from getting my hips in my teen years (bummer!

I kinda gave up on them a long time ago..if you guys find a miracle product let me know

· Registered
10 Posts
My stretch marks are 15y. old. I got them during puberty without ever being overweight or pregnant. I have used dermarolling and single needling for many months and it made them less shiny and white and shrank them a little. I bought the single needles from owndoc.com. My stretch marks blended with the surrounding skin. Not completely but to the point that I am not so embarrassed to be in a swimsuit. I dermaroll every months all my stretch marks and I single needle several stretch marks a day. It is laborious but I feel so much better that I would be willing to spend even more time. I wasted lots of money on creams and nothing worked. Single needling did not make any of my stretch marks disappear but it improved them a lot. I will continue and I hope for even better results.

· Registered
49 Posts
I havn't heard of BIO OIL. Tell me how it works.

But Ive heard of this product called OKAY Oil Of Palma Christi Dark Castor Oil. Many Haitian and Jamaican women love to use this product. They claim that they use this product and it eliminates stretch marks. Its very famous here in MIAMI. Especially since women are always showing off their bodies. Ive seen the skin of ladies that use it and they look amazing.

· Registered
158 Posts
Bio-oil didn't work for me and I used 2 whole bottles as directed. I tried MANY products then finally found a firming cream that made my skin firmer and also made the deep stretch marks less noticeable. It made a big difference.

I gained quite a bit of weight when I was pregnant with my son Cade. I was 125lbs. pre-baby and was 198lbs. the day of delivery
. Yes I know,
I over-ate... just a tad!
To make a long story short. I KNOW what this does to the way you see yourself! It took my husband an hour to talk me into putting a swim suit on this year! Even though my sides and booty look WAY BETTER than they did after delivery, it's just different to see my body look this way... and at times takes a toll on my confidence. The cream i used really did make a huge difference and there's no way I would've put on a two piece without it!!!

· Registered
1,483 Posts
I gained quite a bit of weight when I was pregnant with my son Cade. I was 125lbs. pre-baby and was 198lbs. the day of delivery
. Yes I know,
I over-ate... just a tad!
To make a long story short. I KNOW what this does to the way you see yourself! It took my husband an hour to talk me into putting a swim suit on this year! Even though my sides and booty look WAY BETTER than they did after delivery, it's just different to see my body look this way... and at times takes a toll on my confidence. The cream i used really did make a huge difference and there's no way I would've put on a two piece without it!!!
What cream did you use? You never mentioned it in your message.

· Registered
43 Posts
I have stretch marks on my hips, butt, thighs, knees, and calves, and I've had them since my late teens. I've never been overweight or had children, so it's for no other reason than genetics, growth spurt, and general proclivity to dry skin. I haven't worn a bathing suit, shorts, or skirt that sits above my knees since I was 15 (and I'm 30 now). So I've been looking for stretch mark "cures" for a while now, and the answer I keep reaching is that there just isn't a remedy out there yet that will heal old stretch marks, simply because they are so deep. You won't find it in creams/lotions because they're too superficial (don't get absorbed deep enough to fix anything) or in anything over the counter. Your best bet is in costly laser treatments which can backfire on skin of color. Right now, all we can really do is treat the surrounding skin and brighten it to help camouflage the scars. Sorry guys. :(

· Registered
4 Posts
I recently started using a copper peptide cream on both my stretch marks and on a bad scar on my forehead which I got when I was very young and was in a car wreck (approx. 15 years ago). I haven't seen any immediate results, but based on what I've learned about copper I really hope to see some changes soon. Does anyone have any wisdom regarding copper peptides?

· Registered
1,151 Posts
I personally think any product with at least 10% AHA/BHA or higher would be efficient enough to gradually reduce your scar's appearance. Also, exfoliation is key to helping your desired product work more effectively. I noticed that a scar that I've had FOREVER form swinging on a plastic clothes line on my left leg (had a burn from the rope ) that disappeared by use of everyday exfoliation and my AHA/BHA products.

I use St. Ives scrub (use either the face or body scrub it does not matter) and my skin is really smooth. I initially was intending to use in for ingrown hairs on my upper thighs, the scar was on my lower inside calf.....now it is completely GONE.....

· Registered
7 Posts
I have old stretch marks as well (they're all white now) that I got from puberty. I've read that topical products like cocoa butter, vitamin E oil, Bio Oil, Strivectin, etc. will not get rid of (or even reduce the appearance of) white stretch marks because topical applications of these products are incapable of penetrating the skin deep enough to have an effect. Made sense to me when I learned this so I stopped spending money on stretch mark products. I hope to try derma rolling in the near future...

81 - 99 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.