Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new & from South Africa can anyone help. What is the best products to use for those tell tale signs of aging that will not break the bank and really, really give results?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
hi Francis and welcome to the site! The best thing to do for those signs of aging is wear a good quality sunblock! A lot of people on this site believe in Retin A, and Vitamine C (A serum you can make at home- the recipe is on one two of the threads here). You may want to give those a shot. But if you are interested in hiding those tale -tale signs for now I recommend a line filler. I use Tri-Aktiline, it works great for me.
I hope this helps you out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replies on my querry. Has anybody tried environ products developed by a south african plastic surgeon?I am using the products (6 weeks)and see a little improvement maybe i'm to impatient and want results overnight. apparently it contains vit A ,C & E .Idon't know the % of the ingredients.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi,

Use facial oils as moisturisers, good sunscreen everyday and vitamin c serum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All who replied francis! When you say good sunscreen, what does that mean? I wouldn't have dreamt of putting normal body sunscreen you buy at the supermarket on my face, purely because I get clogged pores and would have thought it very greasy, sticky, shiney.....I've been using Oil of Ulan moisturiser with suncreen for years...is that good enough?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Hi All who replied francis! When you say good sunscreen, what does that mean? I wouldn't have dreamt of putting normal body sunscreen you buy at the supermarket on my face, purely because I get clogged pores and would have thought it very greasy, sticky, shiney.....I've been using Oil of Ulan moisturiser with suncreen for years...is that good enough?
The best sites I've found explaining sunscreens and the best ones out there:

http://makeupalley.com/account/sn.as...e=sunscreenFAQ

http://www.makeupalley.com/user/notepad/sunscreens

Skincare Central-All About Sunscreens

The most neglected thing I see on this site after not using the right sunscreen is not using the right amount and re-applying if necessary.
Most folks are not nearly as protected as they think they are.

Why spf 50 give most people an spf of only 2.7 - ImmInst.org Forums

·
Registered
46 Posts
Alpha Derma CE peptide cream from Janson Beckett has been working amazingly well for my aging signs. I wish I knew about it earlier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts