Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i am a newbie and i would like to share something with you. Ive had eczema since a very young age, im now 21 and i still suffer. The main problem i have is the fact whatever eye cream i use i come out in a terrible rash and look like ive been punched in the eyes. I can't use many creams on my face or neck either as this brings me out in a rash.

When i got my first tattoo, i was told to use Bepanthem to put on it to help the healing process. If none of you are familar with this product, its basically nappy rash cream. So i went to the chemist to get some and they didnt have any in stock so i was advised to buy Vasogen (another nappy rash cream).

I thought i'd risk putting it under my red, puffy eyes just to see if it would do anything. I actually couldnt believe it. The redness had gone and the puffiness reduced. I basically put it on like a face mask, leave it on for as long as you want then wash off with warm water. Its not a miracle worker and it may not work for everyone so skin test first! Granted, it smells digusting but if it works i couldnt care! As soon as you get the cream on your hands you can feel how gentle it is.

I wanted to share this tip with all you ezcema sufferers. Hope it works for you too!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi there,
I am also a newby here and suffer from a mild case of exzema, but my stepdaughter who is ten has it really really bad!! I reacently bought this cream that is called Infinate Aloe! It is very expensive but I have come to see that ALoe Vera is GREAT!! You should try some 100P% Aloe weather it be the Gel or Cream and see if this helps your case. I am trying it on my step daughter because nothing in the world has helped her yet! Please give it a shot and hope it works for you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried Aloe Vera and yes it is really good at calming it down. I find it leaves my skin really really dry though. I havent tried an Aloe Vera moisturiser yet but have tried the Gel which seems to dry the skin.
Good luck with finding something that works

·
Registered
11 Posts
Eczema is usually associated with food allergies/intolerances and gut related problems. It would be a good idea to see a nutritionist/naturopath and discuss about your health concerns. What you really need to understand and treat is the cause of the problem and not the effect. Moisturisers and local treatment has its role, but you need to look at the bigger picture.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
"moisturisers and local treatment has its role, but you need to look at the bigger picture" - yup.

They (some scientists) are even categorizing it (eczema) as an autoimmune reaction - which is pretty scary. It seems like so many diseases that we did not understand well in the past are now being called "autoimmune-related" - multiple sclerosis, some diabetes, some organ failures, lupus, and the list goes on. What this says to me is that we need to be taking very good care of our immune systems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mireckca, I learned that so many of the illness that we have are due to every thing we eat drink and breathe is loaded with chemicals and our bodies have no idea how to handle them and because chemicals are a forign substance to a body that is a natural substance our bodies react to them in so many ways that are bad (all illnesses). Colds, viruses, disease, cancer etc. Our body is responding to chemicals like an alergic reaction eccept much worse. We are an electrical being not chemical and everything in the world that isn't completely natural is chemical. This was just an off topic note!

·
Registered
11 Posts
To make things even easier: try crushing a garlic clove, put in in your sock sand wait for 1-15 minutes, maximum 30. Your breath will smell like garlic. My point is, what goes inside your body and what you put on your skin is as important. (Not that anyone would wanna have garlic breath!!).

I have seen so many patients coming in with dumb prescriptions for eczema, that i started to think some GP's are just not there for the right reason! Anyway, i am in the process of acquiring a couple of Australian products called that work wonders for eczema and psoriasis. They are sooo natural and work wonders! Will update everyone as soon as i get them!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My baby had eczema, even though I breast fed him, and it persisted after he went to formula. The doctor prescribed hydrocortisone, which I had also used in the past. It made it worse. The new SpectroGel Eczema cream does not have hydrocortisone, and works, although it takes a week or so to see results. I use it as well, and find it gentle, but very effective.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if your baby had eczema whilst oyu breasfed him, it could be that you were eating something that was being passed on into the milk, and that something did not agree wiht him! or some of the products (washing powder, etc)

Check your baby for food allergies or any type of allergies. It will help him and give him a good start in life!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

Thank you so much for your tip about vasogen have been suffering with eczema underneath my eyes and everything I put on the area made my eyes worse. My doctor perscribed steriod creams which I did not want to use too often so I tried vasogen and it is has been brilliant - calmed the area down and taken away the redness . thanks again

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I have eczcema on my hands but I find that Unguentum M Ambiphilic Dermatological Cream even though it is a greasy cream does wonders for it!

·
Registered
192 Posts
i had eczema on hand n feet only until i was 20. that yr it became extremely worse. my dad took me to a homeopath getting tired of all alopathic treatments. I dunno wat he gave me but first it became worse than worse than gradually it started to go away. the treatment took me three months n was not easy but now its more than 10 yrs n i never got it back. So i highly recommend Homeopathy for that.
i'm however seeing it in my baby now. i hav tried cortisone creams for whole yr. they didn't really work. these days i'm using Bio-oil n i'm seeing some betterments though still too early to say for sure. Hope it works for her.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Herbal treatments are the best to treat eczema. I had it when i was 17.treated it for 3 years before i used a herbal product and since then i have not had it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try hyaluronic serum! It works almost instantaneously for my eczema. It's the only thing that actually gets rids of it. Apricot moisturizer is good but nothing compared to hyaluronic serum. You can find it for less then 20 bucks on ebay. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I heard that Homoepathy is very effective in case of skin problems
and I think there is Good treatment for Eczema also. So try it.

Smith Alan

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is exactly the route I'm taking. I went and changed my skin and hair products so that I only had products with very little fragrance and that didn't affect my allergies. I'm going as organic as possible. I'm also about to start an elimination diet too to see if any foods are the problem. Even just going through and getting rid of heavily fragranced products has helped my eczema dramatically. Perhaps we (ecamea sufferers) are just not as able to tolerate all the chemicals that we are assaulted with these days.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts