Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
the differin from there is great too and if you have acne they have azelaic acid, benzoyl perioxide, salicylic acid 6% gel which is really effective I heard from someone who purchased it, they also have a ton of natural/herbal stuff to check out.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the differin from there is great too and if you have acne they have azelaic acid, benzoyl perioxide, salicylic acid 6% gel which is really effective I heard from someone who purchased it, they also have a ton of natural/herbal stuff to check out.
That's great but I'm glad that I no longer suffer from acne. I'm still looking at other ADC products like other topical lighteners but no ingredients are listed for those.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
kojic acid cream, azelaic acid, and salicylic acid 6% gel sounds good.

Ladydanielle keep us updated on how the kojic cream works out for you.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Be aware though, the RA's from ACD may be too harsh to some people even at the weakest strength.

I have used it, when I applied a pea sized of the weakest strength Retin-A Micro 0.04% gel at night, I was experiencing itch like crazy, can't sleep properly because I was literally scratching all night long like I got fleas on my face. And within a couple of days my skin peeled like crazy too.

I did not experience such itch when I was using Retin-A micro 0.04% gel manufactured in North America, as I find it not as harsh than the ones from ADC. Maybe something in it that too irritating the vehicle used in the gel perhaps as they did not disclose it. I am a little hesitant to continue using it as it may compromise my health. I feel wasted my money.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lnl, I don't totally have acne clear skin just that its not like my teenage years. I get the occasional pimples.

mytwocents, I hope all is good with you now. Cortisone should help with that. I'm planning on ordering the RA .05% cream made by Johnson & Johnson.

Azelaic acid and salicylic acid good for exfoliating but RA already does that, right?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Be aware though, the RA's from ACD may be too harsh to some people even at the weakest strength.

I have used it, when I applied a pea sized of the weakest strength Retin-A Micro 0.04% gel at night, I was experiencing itch like crazy, can't sleep properly because I was literally scratching all night long like I got fleas on my face. And within a couple of days my skin peeled like crazy too.

I did not experience such itch when I was using Retin-A micro 0.04% gel manufactured in North America, as I find it not as harsh than the ones from ADC. Maybe something in it that too irritating the vehicle used in the gel perhaps as they did not disclose it. I am a little hesitant to continue using it as it may compromise my health. I feel wasted my money.
I thought ADC's weakest retin-a strength is 0.025%, and not 0.04%, last I checked anyways. 0.04% is almost medium strength like the 0.05%, and 0.1% being the strongest. you probably should have tried the 0.025%?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
she is talking about Retin a MICRO, thats another version of retina that is less irritating because it delivers the medicine into your skin over a prolonged period and has the tretinoin in microspheres - time releassed-Retin-A.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
222 Posts
I thought ADC's weakest retin-a strength is 0.025%, and not 0.04%, last I checked anyways. 0.04% is almost medium strength like the 0.05%, and 0.1% being the strongest. you probably should have tried the 0.025%?
I used RA-Micro which the weakest is 0.04% that caused itching like crazy. I also bought a mixture of several tubes of RA 0.05% and 0.1% gel which have expiration date until 2011, definitely can't use them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I meant, it's not worth selling or trading it as you know the RA that ADC sells are very cheap and shipping to other people would cost more than these tubes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If I can't use it might let it go for free.

Do you think I should hold on to it until I can accustomed to these RA from ACD expiration is 2011 and is good for 2 more years.
I have just ordered RA 0.1% cream manufactured by Johnson&Johnson, I felt being ripped off.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts