Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just happened upon this site. How cool? Hope to find things that real people have used and that really work. I am 56. A sun worshipper from the 70's. I had some kind of laser thing that brought up sun damage and peeled off. It really worked but seems like the spots are coming back. Is that right? seems like they should stay gone!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Hello and welcome. Really it is a combo of things that work, but most you will see in my signature line. Never leave your house without sunscreen and there are some supplements that are also great for your skin. Go to anti-aging forum or do a search you will find a lot of info then if you have questions just ask we are a friendly bunch of folks here

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok - gonna check it all out. I am using somme institute facial products presently. I like them but they are expensive. Guess everything is. The exfoliating cloth sounds interesting. where do you get one?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome to SCT rebparker there are lots of fabulous people to help you on this sight! There is lots to learn and we have fun too!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site! if sagging jowls are your concern why not hop over to the anti aging site and take a look for the stevia mask.... it did wonders for my sagging jowls and it's dirt cheap...something you can do at home, any time of the day! hope this helps you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the information ladies. Gonna try the stevia mask and get me a exfoliating cloth to start with!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
have you used any products containing DMAE? I have found this has helped with sagging, but it depends on the level of sagging really to what noticeable results you get.

Is the skin very loose as well?

As goatlady said, the strict use of a broad spectrum (UVA and UVB) sun protection product, will prevent further damage. UVA can be a direct cause of elastin breakdown, thus causing sagging later on in life.

The use of a micro-current device can help, especially around the jawline, the tua viso is very good, just be careful on loose, thin skin.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
For serious sag, before you resort to surgery, try facial exercises and massage to tighten the muscles and give volume to the face. When the cheeks are plumped up and the muscles are firm, the skin doesn't sag down to form jowls.
Ageless If We Dare - Book/DVD

For skin sag, as FT mentioned, try DMAE or stevia mask.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
958 Posts
Lost of good suggestions here. Micro current treatment has a very good effect on the jawline. After a series of treatments it really can lift all parts of the face.

Best of luck :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does the DMAE really work, I have just started to get the jowls. I use retinol daily, and people say I look way younger than 57. What is the best way to keep age away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
To Fawnie When you are 57 and need to loose 10 pounds, I thought that would make your face sage more? You really seriously think these exercises work.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yep, weight gain will make your face look jowly and weight loss will cause the loose skin. Firming up the muscles might prevent the sag if you do them when you are overweight, but the skin will still hang if you lose weight. There's only so much the exercises can do.

Just like the abdominal muscles. You can firm them up til the cows come home and have awesomeeee abs, but if there is a layer of adipose 5 inches thick over the muscles and the person loses a lot of weight, the skin is going to hang in folds. <--- tummy tuck would help.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok , so at 57 and a little sag, and a very tiny amount of wrinkle from my mouth to the little bit of jowl-whats my best bet instead of surgery. I religiously use retinol and alfa hydroxy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Has anyone tried the sqoom or fyola??? Been reading a bit and sounds good for jowls and everything else!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts