Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I can't see much from the picture, to me it looks red and irritated. Like if you got soap or something in your eyes. Try not to use harsh chemicals around your eye area. And don't rub your eyes, this will irritate them even more.

What I would do is try heating some Chamomile tea bags and placing them over your eyes for awhile. This will help with the redness. After that, just be careful what kind of face products you are using. Maybe you are having a reaction from a product you have used.

Good luck to you-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help, I think I didn't use a clear picture. I hope it's just what you said but I don't know.

I use a pretty cheap face moisturizer gently around the eyes. I'm afraid of getting something directly for the eye area and mess with it.

I also work 2 jobs so I can't help having VERY messed up sleeping habits.

It looks more than just red, doesn't it? I'm 20 and it looks so dry and almost wrinkly.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Is it saggy, wrinkly, and have dark circles?

First, you're right! Lack of sleep and junk food can really do you in.

And inattention to good nutrition. Are you eating well-balanced meals with enough green veggies, dear? Come to my house and let me make you a good home-cooked meal and rub your tired feet!
I feel bad that you have to work 2 jobs just to make ends meet, but bless you for trying!

Here is something that I have just started using that really helps with these problems:
Easy Eye Solutions Special*-*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

and here are some reviews and before/after pics:
Makeupalley Reviews of Easy Eye Solutions Eye Tuck and Dark Circle Treatment)

I hope this helps you a little!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
394 Posts
You need to find a way to rest more, getting enough sleep is good for the eye area. Also, in addition to Fawnie's advice above about well balanced diet, you also need to keep yourself hydrated, drink lots of water

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

I'm not sure what to do about my sleeping habits. I work in the middle of the night too so at best I can sleep like 4 hours till noon and then 3-5 hours in the evening. I'm trying to pay rent AND save up for school so I'm expecting at least a year and a half like this.

If I sleep well and eat well, but not in a balanced way, should I still expect to see a difference?

I might change my day job... if I manage to sleep ONCE from 7PM to 3AM, would it be good enough?

I have a question that's rather weird... is it reversible? If I use it, can the skin under my eyes actually look good in the future? I'm scared to use anything on that sensitive skin, it always looks so dry. It's scary to even have to use products at 20 years old.

Again, thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more question, fawnie. Have you seen a big difference that is definitely thanks to that eye solution? I have a hard time believing random reviews online, you seem more trustworthy.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey,

The skin around your eyes is more delicate; therefore, it would be best if you did not use the same products to cleanse your face & body (or other skin care products for face & body) in the skin surrounding your eyes.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Thanks!

I'm not sure what to do about my sleeping habits. I work in the middle of the night too so at best I can sleep like 4 hours till noon and then 3-5 hours in the evening. I'm trying to pay rent AND save up for school so I'm expecting at least a year and a half like this.

If I sleep well and eat well, but not in a balanced way, should I still expect to see a difference?

I might change my day job... if I manage to sleep ONCE from 7PM to 3AM, would it be good enough?

I have a question that's rather weird... is it reversible? If I use it, can the skin under my eyes actually look good in the future? I'm scared to use anything on that sensitive skin, it always looks so dry. It's scary to even have to use products at 20 years old.

Again, thank you!
Wrongchain-

Of course it is reversible-you are young! Don't be afraid to use products, just be away of what the ingredients are. This is the main concern when you are dealing with your eye area. It shouldn't be scary to have to use products being only 20, I think it is great that you want to try and fix the problem!!

Also, I have no doubt the product fawnie is using is amazing. Fawnie would not recommend something if it wasn't working for her.

But.......my only worry would be, you said you are working 2 jobs to pay rent and save for school. I really don't think $88 is in your budget, is it? I think saving for school is much more important than an eye cream. I am sorry, I have a son who is close to your age, and I would be SO mad if he spent $88 for an eye cream, at his age (21)! There are other things you could try first, that do not cost that much. A tad bit of grapeseed oil might help. Maybe mix some into a basic face cream and apply it under your eyes.

Here are a couple links you can look at of a few eye creams you could try, and hopefully not have to spend a fortune to get the results you want.

Royal Jelly Eye Creme - Burt's Bees

All About Eyes™ Rich > Eye & Lip Care > Skin Care > Clinique

Some Good Eye Cream Alternatives You May Want to Try

·
Registered
330 Posts
I didn't even know what eye cream was at 20 but when I look at old photos I seem to always have lines under my eyes. Yours don't look so bad at all wrongchain.
Lots of water helps as does sunscreen for daytime. When you do get some sleep a good tip is to make sure your head is raised as it stops fluid pooling under the eyes. You can do this either with a big pillow or by lifting up the top of your bed.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Chain,

Here is something easy and cheap that might help you with your problem:

Mix 1/4 tsp Knox plain gelatin powder with 1 tablespoon boiling water until completely dissolved. Let cool to room temperature. ONCE IT IS COOL apply to the undereye area, avoiding the eyelashes. Lie down and rest for 30 minutes. Rinse off.

This should be done every day for one week and then 2 or 3 times a week thereafter. It will help with dark circles and puffiness and make the undereye area look fresh.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the help!

I'll be trying some of the natural stuff first, because it IS a bit expensive.

I actually tried something as simple as sliced cucumbers now and I think I can tell a little difference. Hopefully the more complicated stuff will really imrpove the skin.

One more question... When I take pictures, there's always this weird... thing... (not even sure what to call it) that shows. Does that go away as well or is it something to do with the shape of the eye? I'll attach a picture.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Thanks everyone for the help!

I'll be trying some of the natural stuff first, because it IS a bit expensive.

I actually tried something as simple as sliced cucumbers now and I think I can tell a little difference. Hopefully the more complicated stuff will really imrpove the skin.

One more question... When I take pictures, there's always this weird... thing... (not even sure what to call it) that shows. Does that go away as well or is it something to do with the shape of the eye? I'll attach a picture.
The "weird thing" as you call it, looks like dark circles to me. You probably are not getting enough sleep wrongchain!!

Try the tea bags and see if you find any relief from those.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Is it saggy, wrinkly, and have dark circles?

First, you're right! Lack of sleep and junk food can really do you in.

And inattention to good nutrition. Are you eating well-balanced meals with enough green veggies, dear? Come to my house and let me make you a good home-cooked meal and rub your tired feet!
I feel bad that you have to work 2 jobs just to make ends meet, but bless you for trying!

Here is something that I have just started using that really helps with these problems:
Easy Eye Solutions Special*-*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

and here are some reviews and before/after pics:
Makeupalley Reviews of Easy Eye Solutions Eye Tuck and Dark Circle Treatment)

I hope this helps you a little!
Hey Fawnie--do you think you could DIY this? that is too expensive for me for just two products.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am kinda in the same boat, but I know I eat well, get lots of water throughout the day, but what is lacking is sleep. I been on the Vitamin C DIY for a while plus using some other store bought lotions etc. After this past weekend I think sleep is the best. I made myself sleep as long as possible (no alarms) and my eye area looked alot better, but back to the daily grind of 5hrs or less sleep its back to the same look from the last few months.

Some how need to find a balance of getting the when we can and preventive measures as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts