Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone use as an eye cream? I'm starting to notice some fine lines under my eyes and some problems with bags.

I need a good, rich eye cream with antioxidants and NO fragrance. I am prone to eczema/contact dermatits when I use products containing fragrance around my eyes.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have tried many and some of them are too rich which can cause milia.... getting rid of milia is difficult. I had to get my eradicated by an Esthetician ....extremely irritating. The best cream by far is the Bright I Cream from Skin Actives. It takes care of wrinkles & dark circles.
Skin Actives Scientific : Bright-I Cream

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I have tried many and some of them are too rich which can cause milia.... getting rid of milia is difficult. I had to get my eradicated by an Esthetician ....extremely irritating. The best cream by far is the Bright I Cream from Skin Actives. It takes care of wrinkles & dark circles.
Skin Actives Scientific : Bright-I Cream
AHA!!!!!!! So THAT'S what those hard, white bumps are on my eyelids!! Milia! Every now and then I get one under my eye. I've been getting them pretty frequently on my eyelids for the past 3 months-drives me nuts and rubbing over them sometimes HURTS! I had one on my left eyelid that I finally got out. I never knew what those suckers were! My eyelids and just under my eyes in that delicate skin there is the only place I ever get this! Wow this place is awesome lol! Keratosis Pilaris and milia! I found out the names of 2 things I have that I never knew the names of! LOL

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm definitely getting the Bright I Cream. Thanks! It seems very fairly priced for all of the great ingredients. Eye creams just tend to be SO overpriced!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
AHA!!!!!!! So THAT'S what those hard, white bumps are on my eyelids!! Milia! Every now and then I get one under my eye. I've been getting them pretty frequently on my eyelids for the past 3 months-drives me nuts and rubbing over them sometimes HURTS! I had one on my left eyelid that I finally got out. I never knew what those suckers were! My eyelids and just under my eyes in that delicate skin there is the only place I ever get this! Wow this place is awesome lol! Keratosis Pilaris and milia! I found out the names of 2 things I have that I never knew the names of! LOL
Oh yeah...it's milia. My esthetican spent a good deal of time piercing each one individually.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use Differin and it tends to thin the skin just enough so that after my showers I can sometimes just gently squeeze and the contents of milia will come out. But, I AM an esthetician so technically I'm getting it done by a pro!!

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Right now not using any. I just use the same retinol product that goes on my face on every second night and my usual moisturizer in between, but I feel like I need something more nourishing and something against my dark circles, so I'm gonna dig up Shiseido Future Solution eye cream. It's very rich, but not greasy, and has some light reflecting and brightening particles in it, so it instantly brightens eye area and plums up/hides any fine lines. It a bit fragranced, but it doesnt sting, irritate or do anything bad. I usually hate scented eye products, but this one is tolerable.
But my favorite eye products are from Sisley, I used their gel like Eye Balm and Sisleya Eye Cream for a year and in that time I completely forgot about puffy eyes and dark circles. It was only after I swiched to Shiseido Future Solution that I realized how amazing Sisley was. Their eye mask is very good too, very nourishing and revitalizing.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Try googling for eye serums recipes. They are easy to make and cheap! A simple but effective eye oil is using a little grapeseed oil or almond oil under the eye area.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey vananners, when did u start the differin? or did u get the epiduo gel with the differin and BP? hows it going so far?
I started using the differin about 2 months ago. I didn't get the epiduo because ADC does not carry it. I realllly want it though because I've stopped putting on BP on the nights that I use the Differin (don't like to mix them, too many steps) and I'm scared that might cause a breakout. The only difference I've noticed from the differin is smoother, softer skin and I think it has lightened my acne scars a little bit. Nothing dramatic. I still get a monthly hormonal breakout

The really weird thing about Differin is how seriously gentle it is. I do not experience ANY of the usual retinoid side effects with this. Maybe a little drying at times, but I have oily skin anyways. I used to use Tazorac and that stuff made my skin tingle and itch after I applied it; it also caused peeling sometimes, etc. After I apply the Differin, I don't get ANY of those sensations. Very strange...kinda wish I did, maybe I'd feel like it was working better? Anyone else have a similiar experience? I might have to make the switch to Retin-A but scared at how harsh it is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts