Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love olive and avocado because its really moisturizing! I love coconut because its light, and I love tea tree for the anti acne.
What do you like, and how do you apply it?

Thank you :D

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
EPO, borage, coconut and hemp. EPO and borage are staples for diy skincare, for me, anyway. Coconut and hemp are 2 oils i like for hair. It would be too difficult to choose just one.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
hey Gymmie,

What do you know about maracuja (passion fruit seed oil)... sounds like it may worth looking into. I haven't done much research on it. wondering if anyone has tried it,

·
Administrator
33,648 Posts
hey Gymmie, What do you know about maracuja (passion fruit seed oil)...  sounds like it may worth looking into.  I haven't done much research on it.  wondering if anyone has tried it,
Hi Laura, I have maracuja oil (Tartes version). I have never used it to DIY, I use it on its own like you would a moisturizer. I love oils. I am one of those that was SO against using them too..........but once I did, and found several that work for me, I am hooked !!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Argan, grapeseed, and jojoba oil are staples for me. Occasionally I do reach for meadowfoam or coconut when my skin is feeling drier. I've been curious about passion fruit seed (maracuja) oil lately and may try that out soon. I hear nothing but good things about it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
OMG, I'm an oil ho..

Jojoba & Meadowfoam (never ending shelf life and great for skin)
Walnut, Hemp, Evening Primrose, Sesame (high in linoleic fatty acids + vitamins and great for skin barrier health & repair)
Rice Bran & Virgin Palm (high in vitamins A & E)
Argan & Coconut (hair doesn't have a better friend)
Sweet Almond (the DIY'ers best friend.. lovely, lightweight & just gorgeous)

Anyhoo, those are my top performers...
(Love grapeseed too, but it has a miserably short shelf life..).

·
Administrator
33,648 Posts
Argan, grapeseed, and jojoba oil are staples for me. Occasionally I do reach for meadowfoam or coconut when my skin is feeling drier. I've been curious about passion fruit seed (maracuja) oil lately and may try that out soon. I hear nothing but good things about it. :)
QtPie, be sure to let us know what you think about maracula oil once you've tried it.
OMG, I'm an oil ho.. Jojoba & Meadowfoam (never ending shelf life and great for skin) Walnut, Hemp, Evening Primrose, Sesame (high in linoleic fatty acids + vitamins and great for skin barrier health & repair) Rice Bran & Virgin Palm (high in vitamins A & E) Argan & Coconut (hair doesn't have a better friend) Sweet Almond (the DIY'ers best friend.. lovely, lightweight & just gorgeous) Anyhoo, those are my top performers...:) (Love grapeseed too, but it has a miserably short shelf life..).
Kassy, I have to agree, Jojoba and Meadowfoam, I love them both very much!! Macadamia Nut comes next in the running....

·
Registered
353 Posts
Do any of you like to make water free serums using JUST oils, and a couple of oil soluble actives? I got into a bit of that when I wanted something more pure to use in conjunction with dermarolling.

I typically used a base of the most beneficial oils, with oil soluble vitamin A & C, CoQ10 and Alpha Lipoic Acid.. (Love ALA because it's soluble in water OR oil.. hate the smell of it though.)

·
Administrator
33,648 Posts
Do any of you like to make water free serums using JUST oils, and a couple of oil soluble actives?  I got into a bit of that when I wanted something more pure to use in conjunction with dermarolling. I typically used a base of the most beneficial oils, with oil soluble vitamin A & C, CoQ10 and Alpha Lipoic Acid.. (Love ALA because it's soluble in water OR oil.. hate the smell of it though.)
Kassy I have never tried making a serum with just oils. Whats your recipe for something like this?? ALA..........where are you getting this from? Bulkactives??

1 - 20 of 112 Posts