Skin Care Talk banner

41 - 60 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Thanks alot! I intend to add sandalwood,vetiver,myrrh,frankincense EOs too!
You are welcome! I love those essential oils! I use myrrh, vetivert, and frankincense essential oils a lot in both skin care and perfumery. I love sandalwood but don't use Indian Sandalwood (since it is endangered) but it used to be one of my most favorite scents!

Edited to add, for essential oils--different aromatherapists debate on the number of essential oils you can add to skin care formulas. Using 4-5 essential oils for skin care should be fine (and if its for scent purposes only, then use as many as you want--most of my perfumes contain anywhere from 12 to a couple dozen ingredients). Just be sure to use a total of 1% concentration or less for the face (this is total concentration and not 1% of each one).

Cheers,
Li

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Hands down, evening primrose oil. I use to alternate between avocado and grape seed oil but evening primrose oil just...UGH I love it!

·
Administrator
33,656 Posts
Hands down, evening primrose oil. I use to alternate between avocado and grape seed oil but evening primrose oil just...UGH I love it!
Hi Sol :wavey: I too, love oils :thumbsup: Are you using the Primrose in place of your moisturizer??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love olive and avocado because its really moisturizing! I love coconut because its light, and I love tea tree for the anti acne.  What do you like, and how do you apply it? Thank you :D
I have just recently started using oils. Currently for my face I am using jojoba oil mixed with chamomile, sweet almond oil and vitamin e oil. I've only used it twice and see improvement already :) As for my hair I use honey and coconut oil After reading the responses here it seems as if avocado oil is something I need to get my hands on!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Broccoli seed oil for me. Yeah, it's doesn't smell too great but it's excellent for skin and hair. Caprylic acid and or coconut oil are for me, a big No and so I can't use moisturizers. I just use brocolli seed oil neat, 2 drops on damp just washed skin (by washed I mean spectro jel. I don't use anything that produces a lather, it all strips my very sensitive, ageing skin) and it's perfect. No irritation, nothing but a GOOD Clean glow

·
Administrator
33,656 Posts
Broccoli seed oil for me. Yeah, it's doesn't smell too great but it's excellent for skin and hair. Caprylic acid and or coconut oil are for me, a big No and so I can't use moisturizers. I just use brocolli seed oil neat, 2 drops on damp just washed skin (by washed I mean spectro jel. I don't use anything that produces a lather, it all strips my very sensitive, ageing skin) and it's perfect. No irritation, nothing but a GOOD Clean glow
I like broccoli seed oil as well.......if you can get past the smell. It is a nice light oil. Spectro gel huh? I will have to see where I can get that here. Thanks for mentioning it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Really love broccoli seed too, especially for hair care!

Cheers,
Li

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love rosehip seed oil.. Really boosts my skin during winter and all year round really Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
How n when do u use the sweet almond oil in ur regime????
I use almond oil for my hair, massaging it onto scalp the night before I shampoo.
Usually in the winters when skin needs extra care, I use almond oil on damp skin and massage it in skin until fully absorbed.
Sometimes I mix a few drops of almond oil and Vit E oil and apply it to lips
I apply it where ever I can

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I really love emu oil cause it is one of the only agents to penetrate all layers of the skin. It helps to drive topical products deep down. I'm also a big fan of buriti and urucum oil. Oils that are seldom talked about. These 2 are very high in antioxidant activity and leave a reddish color to your face. I sometimes mix them together. My tinted zinc sunscreen covers up the color very well. You could even use a few drops of these oils as a tint for your zinc sunscreen. I use then over my serum in the morning (either C serum or Niacinamide/NAG serum) for some serious layered protection along with my sunscreen.

http://undergroundhealthreporter.com/buriti-oil-an-anti-aging-dream#axzz2rLHntHkh

http://www.oca-brazil.com/cosmeurucum.htm

41 - 60 of 112 Posts