Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is how Kojic Acid was discovered in Japan. The people handling the sake rice hands were turning white. I know they sell sake baths, that I don't want. All those perfumes, etc. I haven't read about it because of all of the add-ons, but you can google sake bath.

I would like to find pure, untouched Sake rice for baths and other experiments. We all know how white the Japanese get, well, some of us know.

Thanks

GoddessOfEarth

·
Registered
130 Posts
This is how Kojic Acid was discovered in Japan. The people handling the sake rice hands were turning white. I know they sell sake baths, that I don't want. All those perfumes, etc. I haven't read about it because of all of the add-ons, but you can google sake bath.

I would like to find pure, untouched Sake rice for baths and other experiments. We all know how white the Japanese get, well, some of us know.

Thanks

GoddessOfEarth
Does anyone know anything about this?
Interesting

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

Thanks

GoddessOfEarth
PLANET SPA ILLUMINATING BODY LOTION JAPANESE SAKE RICE on eBay (end time 02-Sep-10 21:13:01 BST)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! LOL! I was looking for that a while back because the AUTHENTIC kind lightens skin. I think it's where Kojic Acid comes from or one of those natural lighteners.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, lol! I, just, read what I wrote last year. So, yeah, Kojic Acid.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
For authentic sake rice though, you will have to go to more of a multi-ethnic market. .... The rice section there is pretty crazy.

Like a farmer's market or an Korean or Japanese market. There a 2 across the street from where I live and I was looking at all the HUGE 25 lb (and larger) bags of rice varieties stacked sky high (literally) in amazement!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Kojic acid is also extracted from a species of mushroom (aspergillus orijae or koji in Japanese).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts