1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I know Green Cream is a favorite here. I haven't tried it but I did use Skinceuticals 1.0 and it did give me some results. I am now using Retin A and like it even better. Vit C serum is also great.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Careful with retinol around the eyes, especially if you are a woman. Many women can have irritation due to retinol. Men are more prone to a good reaction when using a retinol-based anti wrinkle cream.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Hi ladies. I recently started using Retin-A in conjunction with Obaji Nu-Derm. It's working great on my face and neck, but my chest is ALL broken out today and stinging. I woke up last night b/c it itched so bad. Is this normal? I've been using the Obaji for about 8 weeks now.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Looks like it is a little too much! You may have to stop one of them. Probably both until it goes away. Sometimes this happens to me. I get these red bumps on my skin chest and arms are the worst using TAZ. I have to back off and let it heal up. It appears this happens where I have the absolute worst of my sun damage. I don't know a lot about Obaji what is the main ingredient?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I do it but not the lids. If you go with every other day perhaps you will not get any irritation

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi ladies. I recently started using Retin-A in conjunction with Obaji Nu-Derm. It's working great on my face and neck, but my chest is ALL broken out today and stinging. I woke up last night b/c it itched so bad. Is this normal? I've been using the Obaji for about 8 weeks now.
I had a reaction like this to Retin-A on my chest. I had to resort to a prescription steroid cream to get it under control - I was miserable and it itched like crazy!! I think the chest and neck are more sensitive than we realize.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
So I am going to buy a Retinol product. I just dont know which one and where I should apply it at? Everywhere except for Eyelids? Around Eyes? I am already using Vitoral A so I probably shouldnt apply this around my eye area too right?

Which one should I buy?

Skinceuticals .5

Neutrogena
Amazon.com: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream Original Formula - 1.4 OZ: Health & Personal Care

or

Green Cream?
A New Favorite: Green Cream – High Potency Retinol - FutureDerm.com
If I had to choose out of these, I would definately go for the Green Cream-

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Using the RA with the Obaji might too strong for you. The chest is a sensitive area, maybe apply a little less or try buffering it before you apply it. Are you using the RA with the Obaji bleaching cream?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts