Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this in the powder form, online? BetaArbutin powder.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I've only seen the alpha arbutin.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I don't, personally, care for skinactives.com. I read where Ninasky got some from a supplier. I'm in the US.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Uva-ursi leave extract

From what I understand, Beta-Arbutin is the same as bearberry extract. The Alpha-Arbutin is synthetic. I don't know which, if either, is better or whether they work even better in tandem, but email any questions to this source & they'll be quick about responding.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. Yeah, I saw that. I've been wondering about that for a while. I might ask them how far that 2oz will stretch if I don't find the powder.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
They may even be able to get ahold of the powder in response to consumer request. You can't be the only one who is trying to buy some.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey, if B-Arbutin is the same as Bearberry Extract, then I know the perfect site to get it from. They sell Bearberry Extract powder as an oral medication, so the prices are extremely cheap and the quantities are large. They have no idea it's a lightening agent, so they don't sell it for much

Lemme find the website again, then I'll post it here.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey, if B-Arbutin is the same as Bearberry Extract, then I know the perfect site to get it from. They sell Bearberry Extract powder as an oral medication, so the prices are extremely cheap and the quantities are large. They have no idea it's a lightening agent, so they don't sell it for much

Lemme find the website again, then I'll post it here.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
It is disturbing how these herbal supplement vendors make all sorts of extravagant claims about their product & what it does & in the same breath add a 'disclaimer' claiming that 'these statements have NOT been verified by the FDA & are for 'educational purposes only' & the product is NOT intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease. Makes one wonder why anyone would take it!
Better to try it out in your cream as a skin lightener.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I forgot to mention that the Arbutin should obviously be used on the skin, and not taken orally. The website sells it to be taken orally (apparently it's good for the liver or something), but for any skin changes you need to apply it directly.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is disturbing how these herbal supplement vendors make all sorts of extravagant claims about their product & what it does & in the same breath add a 'disclaimer' claiming that 'these statements have NOT been verified by the FDA & are for 'educational purposes only' & the product is NOT intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease. Makes one wonder why anyone would take it!
Better to try it out in your cream as a skin lightener.
I know, right!! LOL! That annoys me, too!

·
Registered
265 Posts
you guys are awesome for posting these. Ive been looking for these foreva
So which is better beta arbutin or alpha arbutin?

I was gonna order mine from skinactives negative things have you heard about them

·
Registered
172 Posts
I once read a study which had actually compared the various Arbutin types with eachother. If I remember correctly, the Alpha-Arbutin definitely came out on top. However, I have no idea what the difference is between A-Arbutin or B-Arbutin... and I'm not sure if I could find this study again. I will try.

EDIT: OK, I lied. It seems I CAN find the study again. It seems you can do anything with Google and the right keyword combination these days

http://www.civantskincare.com/studies/alpha.pdf

Kojic Acid and HQ are on there too. Neat. I think I'll go to sleep dreaming about a HQ-Alpha-Arbutin super-lightening formula now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
K what the hek is Arbutin and where does it fit in the scale of skin lightening powers:

#1 Being Monobenzone

#2 Hydroxyquone

#3 Kojic Acid

#4Licorice and other Natural
Ingred.

Would Arbutin actually be #2? Maybe more effective than Kojic? Is my scale aaalll disarranged to begin with lol.

·
Registered
265 Posts
arbutin works just as well as any other natural lightener. You wont know how it works on your skin unless you use it. Thats what I find with the natural lighteners. You just dont know till you use it for yourself. With hydro, you can pretty much garuntee lightening. with mono
gotta ask iodine

Shiseido uses arbutin in alot of their products and their products are amazing with a lot of research to back them. ALOT OF RESEARCH

1 - 20 of 44 Posts