Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my friend is going to vancouver and san francisco in a couple days time and will bring back some green cream if i can tell him what shops might stock it!!?

Any help with this would be great!?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevin on the GC site seems to think there is no where to buy GC in vancouver and SA!

If anyone knows of anything different d love to hear about it, thanks

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Hi my friend is going to vancouver and san francisco in a couple days time and will bring back some green cream if i can tell him what shops might stock it!!?

Any help with this would be great!?

Thank you
Urban Skin Solutions is the closest shop that carries GC near SF. Urban Skin Solutions is in Oakland Ca, which is 20 minutes from SF.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Can green cream be purchased at an online pharmacy....by the way, is it a prescription product?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Not prescription kitskid. I buy it at Dermstore.com. If you add it to your "Favorites" and order from that page you save 10%.

Sometimes you can find it at MakeupAlley.com for swap if you are brave!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts

fawnie
what the heck is a swap

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

fawnie
what the heck is a swap
Oh it's fun if you have the time. Here's how it goes: You register at MUA and post a list of all your stuff you have for swap. These can be used or unused products/items that are still in decent condition that you would be willing to trade for someone else's products/items. Purses, clothes, makeup, skincare, hair product, you name it. You can post pictures and descriptions of it all, like ebay.

If you are looking for a particular thing, you can do a search and let the member know you are interested. You can be a sweetie and check her "Wish List", which members can post as well, and offer something she wants that you have (this is ideal and helps increase your chances of a swap).
It has many pitfalls, but in the 2 years I've been swapping I've only been burned once and never burned anyone myself.

People from all over the world are members. There isn't a membership fee.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
515 Posts
I don't think I am that BRave ewe!! you never know what they have done to it, or how long they have had it.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yup it isn't for the fainthearted! Green Cream fortunately is in a tamper-proof air pump container so it was relatively safe. You can also find stuff that is still sealed in the original container.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Yup it isn't for the fainthearted! Green Cream fortunately is in a tamper-proof air pump container so it was relatively safe. You can also find stuff that is still sealed in the original container.
So do you pay the shipping or how does that work? I would be willing to give it a try. And when you say ripped off, how by not receiving on your end? Or the product was junk? Then you probably learn real quick who to buy from and who not too.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
So do you pay the shipping or how does that work? I would be willing to give it a try. And when you say ripped off, how by not receiving on your end? Or the product was junk? Then you probably learn real quick who to buy from and who not too.
Yes you each pay postage for your end. It's usually only a few dollars. Even when I sent shampoo and conditioner to Hawaii it was only $4.95, so not bad.

There is a way to check out the potential swapmate online before the transaction, much like eBay. You learn to be very careful. I got burned by someone misrepresenting her item. She got nasty when I pointed it out to her. Ppl get blacklisted for that kind of behavior.

I only like to swap for high-end stuff that is sealed or in tamper-proof packaging. Don't we all. Are you really thinking of it, cause I know you must have quite the stash there gymrat!!! How about if I send you all my stuff and you send me all yours and we call it good!!! LOL

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Yes you each pay postage for your end. It's usually only a few dollars. Even when I sent shampoo and conditioner to Hawaii it was only $4.95, so not bad.

There is a way to check out the potential swapmate online before the transaction, much like eBay. You learn to be very careful. I got burned by someone misrepresenting her item. She got nasty when I pointed it out to her. Ppl get blacklisted for that kind of behavior.

I only like to swap for high-end stuff that is sealed or in tamper-proof packaging. Don't we all. Are you really thinking of it, cause I know you must have quite the stash there gymrat!!! How about if I send you all my stuff and you send me all yours and we call it good!!! LOL
Lol, ya really. We can just send our stuff back and fourth to each other!! I was just telling Peri, I feel like every other day I am ordering something!! I need to get on the automatic shipping for a few of these places, like Vitacost for starters!!

Ok so when I log on is there a certain spot I have to go to?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Here ya go, but I feel like I'm enabling or something!!!! I know you will just go out and buy more stuff!!!

Makeupalley Swap Instructions

No! Why would you get on AutoShip? It takes the fun out of the shopping if they just send it to you automatically doesn't it?? I change my mind too much to stick with products very long. I have 10 sets of shamp/cond right now going. They bore me after a couple weeks.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Here ya go, but I feel like I'm enabling or something!!!! I know you will just go out and buy more stuff!!!

No! Why would you get on AutoShip? It takes the fun out of the shopping if they just send it to you automatically doesn't it?? I change my mind too much to stick with products very long. I have 10 sets of shamp/cond right now going. They bore me after a couple weeks.
Auto ship yes, it ships automatically. I am thinking more for my whey protein powder. I feel like I am always ordering more. Maybe I need to start doubling up like I do with my sunscreen.

Oh I hear ya on the shampoo, completely!! And WHY?? Why do we continue to buy another brand thinking "this will be the one"!! The boys love showering in my shower just to use my stuff!!! I HATE THAT-

Sorry, for highjacking this thread, I am done-

·
Registered
713 Posts

Oh my gawd...I feel another addiction coming on
i have tried to give my girls my excesses and they are not interested anymore, I think I've overdone it. I bought a new storage cupboard to put in my cool basement for my overflow! I am notorious for purchasing items on sale and loading up on products, this might be a way of finding my stuff a new home! Since I have come to this forum my buying habits have increased.

All of the Canada Post drivers know me by name, I buy from Ebay and Sephora Online (I shop at the Sephora near me but some of the things from Sephora can only be bought in the US. )

1 - 20 of 27 Posts