Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Glutathione, an antioxidant, protects cells from toxins such as free radicals. I'm not aware if theres any documented scientific evidence that it lightens skin.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Glutathione, an antioxidant, protects cells from toxins such as free radicals. I'm not aware if theres any documented scientific evidence that it lightens skin.
But it would probably work for hyperpigmentation. The whole process of an antioxidant is very important, it repairs and cleanses the body. Most skin problems are due to a poor diet, or something caused internally. The detox is very important, which is why when people for example have bloating as a problem, they would try a colon cleanse to get rid of the problem naturally, and not pump themselves full of a bunch of medicines.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
'cleanse' 'detox' & 'repairs' are common ad-speak buzz-words. The body has mechanisms in place to maintain its balance. If a person takes good overall care of themselves, the body needs no additional 'cleansing'. This info is not my own but comes from the Naturopathinc Dr. who works for my husband's business. She says that all these so-called 'colon cleanses' people are paying for & all these detox treatments have not been proven beneficial or even necessary. She says that the body does use this as a natural antioxidant but it only uses the amt it needs & specific conditions have to be present in order for it to be absorbed. The body simply excretes superfluous amts. She says that it does not cause skin lightening. I figured I'd ask someone who did know because I certainly did not. That being said, whatever you decide to try is entirely up to you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
^ Sometimes the body lacks in certain nutrients, the body may well have systems to help you recover but it doesn't mean they work efficiently. One of the main reasons for skin problems is diet and health problems. Cure the problems internally and there won't be any.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
That is correct, HappyEm. Maintaining good overall health is essential to having good skin.

·
Registered
117 Posts
True HappyEm and Ondine, the body is capable of supplying all these good things to itself if we provide. Unless you're lazy and want a quick fix, but is there any?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Every advertizer hawking detox kits to vitamins to protein powders promise people that 'quick fix'. I wouldn't hold my breath though! Since most problems take a lot of time to develop, some time will usually be involved in fixing them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts