Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Online. I almost exclusively buy online. EVEN if a dermatologist recommends something I will not buy from them I will go source it online (unless it is RX and difficult to get like tri-luma). I think paying retail is crazy nowadays!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I buy my products through my sister (hairdresser) who takes me shopping and I get some products at wholesale prices because of it.
when I shop on line I get most of my other products from essential day spa they are fast and have TONS of products to choose from , they also have a forum similar to this one...it's great.
Dermstore as well but not so much anymore I really like Essential day spa though...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sephora and skinstore.com online. Skinstore.com ALWAYS has 20% off sales and they also have a rewards program.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I usually buy one or two things at Skinstore, then wait to get my discount email, then place a huge order and stock up. The more you spend the more the 20% discount adds up!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think sometimes they even have 25% off sales. I have a $30 rewards certificate right now after my last order. I ordered Boscia Illuminating moisturizer spf 30. I haven't opened it yet but am anticipating!!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I usually buy one or two things at Skinstore, then wait to get my discount email, then place a huge order and stock up. The more you spend the more the 20% discount adds up!
Me too Lexi. That's how/where I ordered my BQ; there is no reason to pay full price for it.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh now see: they have enticed you to buybuybuy!!! LOL

I take my shopping list to Sephora and Nordstrom where I know I can return it if it causes me problems (save your receipt!).

Or make my own. Or buy online from NCNProskincare or GardenofWisdom. Or Naturesgate. Or MountainRoseHerb. Or swap for it at makeupalley. Gotta economize!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Oh now see: they have enticed you to buybuybuy!!! LOL

I take my shopping list to Sephora and Nordstrom where I know I can return it if it causes me problems (save your receipt!).

Or make my own. Or buy online from NCNProskincare or GardenofWisdom. Or Naturesgate. Or MountainRoseHerb. Or swap for it at makeupalley. Gotta economize!
I spend half of by time trying to decide what to buy, and the other half walking back and forth to return things. Once the hot weather kicks in it will be impossible to do - thank goodness!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I spend half of by time trying to decide what to buy, and the other half walking back and forth to return things. Once the hot weather kicks in it will be impossible to do - thank goodness!
HoHo! I did the same until I realized I was nearly destitute because of my habit. We simply don't need as much as we think we do.

Eyeliner is something I never use anymore. I just use my shadow and a fine brush and maybe some water to wet it.
Concealer? Nevermore - I just use the drop of foundation that is left on the pump outlet.
Mascara? Nope. Just that Shu lash curler you found for us!
Lipstick? Heck no - lipgloss is fine and easier to apply.

But your way is good exercise, so go for it!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I buy most skin care products online, various places, SAS, GOW, dermstore, dianayvonne, etc. Foundation, lip gloss, shadows, etc, I buy either at Sephora, Macys or Nordstroms. Where ever I am and depending on what store is around. I do like shopping at these three for makeup because they will take anything back on a return. Plus, I am the
of returns!!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Fawnie I do agree- I have shelves and draws full of unused product, I can open my own store soon! Mirecka, I would imagine we are hardly alone only we were smart enough to catch on and know that the discount is coming so as not to buy everything first. I learned the hard way though by buying full price in bulk THEN getting the emails!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well here in the UK we don't have Sephora- or any of its sisters
we used to, but they shut up shop over here a few years back.

Boots is the best for health and beauty- do you guys have Boots over there? (hear rumours but nothing is for sure if your reading it from a newspaper or gossip magazine!). Boots is excellent as they sell everything you could possibly think of to do with health and beauty- the prices are low, not as low as some, but low enough that theres not much in any difference. Then you get points for every £1 you spend (4 per £1). There are also machines and mailings with extra vouchers with coupons in for anything from 100 to 500 points, bonus points for buying certain products (i.e 2 from lancome will give you 750points at the moment) Many many many offers on three for the price of two... I had saved over £100 but went out today and bought me chanel make up for £35. This is where I get the expensive stuff- with points, then I buy cheap stuff, medicines, magazines, suncare, perfume, haircare, fitness stuff... to get my points back up!

Otherwise its online for me to. Jersey Beauty Company is good as they sell Dermalogica at cheaper prices- lookfantastic, HQHair, Beautybay and Ebay make close seconds on my list

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Do we have Boots in the US, is that what over there means?

Yes we do-

·
Registered
363 Posts
Does any one buy from eBay? I buy from one store and I am always concerned about the product being old. Although the one store I purchase from I feel a little confident that I am getting a new product. But I always wonder.

I am a Skinceuticals buyer.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Does any one buy from eBay? I buy from one store and I am always concerned about the product being old. Although the one store I purchase from I feel a little confident that I am getting a new product. But I always wonder.

I buy my dental gel from a source that provides the product to dental offices and sells directly to the public as well. I found them on eBay and have been very satisfied with the product and their service. I buy it direct from "so-white" (see the link below) for one third of the price that my dentist would charge me, including shipping.

20cc_TURBO_TOOTH WHITENING BLEACHING GEL_TEETH WHITENER on eBay.ca (item 270397554940 end time 02-Jun-09 13:00:43 EDT)

I just buy the gel syringes because I have my own trays, but the seller also has kits which includes trays.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts

The rule of thumb with eBay, is to always by from a "power seller", they are the most reputable. Plus by having such good standing reviews, I believe eBay guarantees them as well. That is what makes them "power sellers" and others are not.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Does anyone know of a good place that sells Skinceuticals at a great price as well as the product being fresh.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts