Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I received my actives to make my vitamin c serum, super excited by the way! What I would like to know is which actives need to be refrigerated? I have read this before on the forum, but would like it in one location. If you guys know where I read this before, could you post the link for me? I have read so much valuable info here and know that you guys can help me! I have also read conflicting stories about refrigerating the finished product vs a cool dry place. Any suggestions on that? The actives that I am mainly wondering about are HA, Ferulic, Vit E oil, L-ascorbic. As well as SKB and propylene glycol. Your responses will help me tremendously! Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
The only thing I refrigerate is the finished product. I take about 8-10 ml out each week to use. The product I take out to use, I keep in a dark bottle in my bathroom cabinet. I have never had a probem doing it this way.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gymrat! Just finished reading over the diy vitamin c serum threads here. Lots of info on this site. I'm still a little confused over the HA powder, which is what I have, but all in all, I think I can figure it out. Wish me luck !

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Thanks Gymrat! Just finished reading over the diy vitamin c serum threads here. Lots of info on this site. I'm still a little confused over the HA powder, which is what I have, but all in all, I think I can figure it out. Wish me luck !
Have you made it yet? If not, mix a little HA in with a little distilled first before mixing it in with the rest. I have both the HA powder and the liquid. Next time go for the liquid MUCH easier to use.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You are going to love serum. I used the HA powder the first time then bought the liquid as Gymrat says it is so much easier. I shooked that first batch forever. I found though that the HA that didn't mix all that well was fine in the morning after being in the fridge all night. Maybe it mixes better in cold water.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No Gymrat, havn't made it yet, but doing lots of reading. Thanks for the tip on the HA. Will go for the liquid for sure next time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts