Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using 65% and 40% lactic acid peels from makeup artists choice, I’ve used it around 5 times in the past few months, and I don’t see much in terms of results. Nothing changed. What peel should I get next? Yellow peeling oil, green peeling oil, tca peel, maxi peel, or one day peeling solution? My main issue is tanned arms (permatan) and very dark inner thighs and groin/bikini area. But I plan to use the peels all over my body and my face also. If I should use different peels for different body parts let me know (although I’m trying to be economical and save money). When you recommend and of the above please suggest a specific seller cause I always struggle with finding a reliable one. I will seriously appreciate it if you help me. Thank you so much :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Are you using sunscreen in those areas and avoiding the sun?

Lactic acid is usually the gold standard for helping with skin brightening. Have you thought about increasing the percentage to 70% and using it weekly? You have to be consistent. Lactic acid solutions are the most affordable and best typically from eBay. Avoid makeup artist's choice and buy from eBay, make sure the only other ingredient is distilled water. Maybe try this for a month or so and if you don't see any results you can look into alternative peels.

I would also recommend retin-A, but please do your research first and don't use 48 hours before and after a peel. Retin-a is a serious ingredient and usually a prescription product in most countries.

·
Administrator
33,633 Posts
Avoid MUAC??? And purchase from Ebay?? I hope you aren't serious......this is very bad advice.

You are talking about acids.......you should always purchase from reputable companies, those who take pride in what they sell. Places where if you have a problem, or question you have an actual company to turn too for advice. Be leery of purchasing acids of any kind from Ebay, you never know what your getting and it could be coming from someones k i t c h e n. Acids are nothing to take lightly, choosing a reputable company should be your number one priority, not saving a few bucks.

There are lots of other reputable companies who sell peels other than MUAC.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Avoid MUAC??? And purchase from Ebay?? I hope you aren't serious......this is very bad advice.

You are talking about acids.......you should always purchase from reputable companies, those who take pride in what they sell. Places where if you have a problem, or question you have an actual company to turn too for advice. Be leery of purchasing acids of any kind from Ebay, you never know what your getting and it could be coming from someones k i t c h e n. Acids are nothing to take lightly, choosing a reputable company should be your number one priority, not saving a few bucks.

There are lots of other reputable companies who sell peels other than MUAC.
You have a point, but I'm just going by my own experience. I've never had any results from the "reputable companies" you talk about. Of course you shouldn't pick any seller from ebay, maybe I should have clarified that, it's best to choose a reputable seller on ebay that has been around for a long time with high ratings. OP doesn't have to follow my advice but I feel like I have to talk about my experience since OP hasn't seen much results with MUAC.

·
Administrator
33,633 Posts
I could go on and on about why purchasing from Ebay isn't a good idea........been around to witness some horrible results from using shady products from Ebay and the like.

But also, if you run into problems with your order, shipping, etc, legit companies have no problems with returns, exchanges etc. When you purchase from Ebay etc, you will be hard pressed for any kind of help in that regard.

But its more about knowing where your products came from and knowing they are legit. Purchasing from Ebay you never know what your getting or what its mixed with. Companies don't work that way, you know exactly what your getting, its mandated to be on the label and know its being handled in a skincare company with policies and procedures.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I have been using 65% and 40% lactic acid peels from makeup artists choice, I’ve used it around 5 times in the past few months, and I don’t see much in terms of results. Nothing changed. What peel should I get next? Yellow peeling oil (for very thick skin), green peeling oil( stuborn area and dry), tca peel(The concentration can be modulated following the area, I like it, but you should be an expert), maxi peel (Why not, but you have to know how to use it to avoid post inflammatory hyperpigmentation), or one day peeling solution? My main issue is tanned arms (permatan) (mild peeling and patience) and very dark inner thighs and groin/bikini area (do not put peeling lotion there, it wont solve the issue). But I plan to use the peels all over my body and my face also. If I should use different peels for different body parts let me know (although I’m trying to be economical and save money). When you recommend and of the above please suggest a specific seller cause I always struggle with finding a reliable one. I will seriously appreciate it if you help me. Thank you so much :)
Regards

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Thank you so much! If I shouldn’t use chemical peels or peeling lotion between inner thighs and bikini how do I lighten it?
The problem of dark areas inside of the thighs and in the groin is above all a problem of heat, humidity, friction and sometimes fungi.
Peeling this area could make the problem worse in the medium term. Some people use shea butter and wear clothes that avoid friction. There are also natural recipes to avoid the darkening of these areas, just check them on youtube.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts