Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say I love using homemade facial masks. I combine ingredients, add some, remove others. Love it

How about you?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have never done any home made stuff before. But I do plan on trying a face mask soon..so I voted for that option.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I love to use face mask with a base of egg-white and egg york. I can see the great boost to my skin texture and reduce too the pores. My skin is improving towards flawless skin! Isn"t it great. I am very discipline with my routine. I have never been religious and patience before.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Kassy's DIY vit C serum (same as posted above by fawnie except i'm using 1/8 tsp ferulic and 0.3 ml of 1% hyaluronic acid serum)
i've been using it for just 2 weeks now and have to say, it ROCKS!

I have an anticellulite and a breast firming body treatment made with EOs i've been using for years

·
Registered
2,948 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
hope, is the anti-cellulite and breast firming body treatment something you make?
yes, they work as well as any OTC prep i've ever tried and i love the fragrances. The anticellulite prep has geranium(6),juniper berry(6), lemon(8) & grapefruit(6).
The breast firming blend has clary-sage(3), geranium(5), fennel(12), and lemmongrass(10).
I use 1 ounce curel unscented lotion with 10 drops of jojoba oil and 1/4 tsp vit E as a carrier.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Me tooo!!
I love using homemade face masks. They are so easy to make, cheap and you can customise it to your particular liking by adding E.O!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Definitely Vitamin C serum...using this recipe.. and it's working great.

1 1/2 tsp distilled water
1/3 tsp L Ascorbic acid
1/4 tsp Vegetable Glycerine
1/4 tsp Hyaluronic acid

·
Registered
502 Posts
I make my own mineral makeup, eyeshadow, facial spritz, oil cleanser, whipped shea butter, lipstick, eyeliner pencils, facial masks, blush, setting powder and lipgloss, face scrub and body scrub. I have been wearing my diy makeup everyday for about a year now. I have just started to make my own oil cleansers and scrubs. It's all so fascinating because I can tweak my formulas whenever I want rather than just wishing the product I bought could be better or just throwing the stuff out in hopes of something better.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I make my own mineral makeup, eyeshadow, facial spritz, oil cleanser, whipped shea butter, lipstick, eyeliner pencils, facial masks, blush, setting powder and lipgloss, face scrub and body scrub. I have been wearing my diy makeup everyday for about a year now. I have just started to make my own oil cleansers and scrubs. It's all so fascinating because I can tweak my formulas whenever I want rather than just wishing the product I bought could be better or just throwing the stuff out in hopes of something better.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
It's empowering, isn't it?

·
Registered
487 Posts
jeneeee999 do you mind sharing the formula/recipe for eyeliner pencil. I can never get the eyeliner pencil that I really like. Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
So far, I've only made black... I loaded blackest black oxide from TKB to the lipstick base also from TKB. The more oxide, the drier the formula. DIY Cosmetics is where I got the pencil tubes. I got the idea from a recipe there...I've only really made 1 eye pencil but it worked great so I've not really had to make any more. I use a syringe to get the liquid into the pencil tube. Make sure it is fully liquid before you put it into the syringe because it has to run the full length of the pencil tube and not get stuck. I really don't have much of recipe. I use probably the same amount of lipstick base as I did with the black oxide (same scoop size). I made enough for 1 slim pencil.

If you like liquid eyeliner from eyeshadow of any colour you want, I would suggest you get Lise Watier Metamorfix. That stuff is the bomb! You can make any liquid eyeliner you want with just a couple of drops and an eyeshadow.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I am so intrigued, Janeee.

*runs off to read about making makeup*

1 - 20 of 35 Posts