Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..

I am looking for the BEST skincare products... Age between 18+ men

I am confused ...

So far that I have used...
La Clinica ...

I am looking to get Georgio Armani but anything better out there..?
I need a full skincare kit..

Please advise of me of some really good skincare kit out there..

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
These are some of the best:
ZIRH (one of hte best award winning skincare for mens line) - zirh.com
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Line
Skinceuticals - Retinol 0.5 product and the C E Ferulic Serum
The Obagi Nu Derm - choose the Retin-A/Hydroquinone 4% product, really helps skin look younger.

All of these are the best in terms to seeing change in your skin, so you could do your own research on them and buy one that suits you.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Don't get Armani Skin Minerals. It's crap.
If you want designer skin products, Dior L'or de vie Extract is way better in terms of increasing hydration and brightening skin. But it's still overpriced for what it does, it's basically an antioxidant serum, like Prevage, just made from some grape extract.

I'm loving Skinceuticals and Sisley. Shiseido Men un Clarins (not the Clarins Men line - it's rather average and every product smells like old leather bag) have some nice products too. Everything else is just ok on my skin or doesn't work at all, but everyones skin is different and it's trial and error till you find something that works!

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Yes, a sunscreen is essential! How could I forget...
I love titanium dioxide and zinc oxide filters, both are broad-spectrum and very photostable, but I find zinc is better. My personal preference, since avobenzone breaks me out and oxybenzone stings on my skin (and they both leave a metallic gloss on my skin that makes me look weird).
I sometimes sleep with sunscreen on, if I sleep during the day. I know, it crazy.
I should just lightproof my bedroom.

Btw, Vichy sunscreens have the same ingredients as La Roche-Posay, Meroxly or whatever they call it now, but for a nicer price. I couldn't find any difference with LRP Anthelios and Vichy Capital Soleil, even the bottle design and color is similar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
currently I am using the following..

GLY C REFINE Wash Gel Solution 10%
GLY C REFINE Toning Mist 8%
GLY C REFINE Day Cream 10%
GLY C REFINE Night Cream 10%
GLY C REFINE Eye Cream 3%
GLY C REFINE Micro Dermabrasion Facial Scrub.

Now anything there is to beat this? Please if possible give me a link so I can buy some ASAP because this is all about to finish hehe and I need something before it all runs out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't get Armani Skin Minerals. It's crap.
If you want designer skin products, Dior L'or de vie Extract is way better in terms of increasing hydration and brightening skin. But it's still overpriced for what it does, it's basically an antioxidant serum, like Prevage, just made from some grape extract.

I'm loving Skinceuticals and Sisley. Shiseido Men un Clarins (not the Clarins Men line - it's rather average and every product smells like old leather bag) have some nice products too. Everything else is just ok on my skin or doesn't work at all, but everyones skin is different and it's trial and error till you find something that works!
I was not able to find Dior L'or de vie Extract anywhere? Any links so I can check it out
and Buy a kit or something...?

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
For samples, just ask at any Dior skin care counter. They don't usually have testers, as the L'or line is pretty expensive and they don't want teenagers sticking their dirty little fingers in that stuff, but Dior usually is very generous with samples.
If you want order it on-line, strawberrynet.com has it:
L'Or De Vie L'Extrait - CHRISTIAN DIOR - Skin Care - StrawberryNET.com (USA)

If I were you, I wouldn't go for L'or. I was just saying that in terms of skin care quality Dior's prestige lines are better that Armani's Creme Nera or Skin Minerals. That line is extremely overpriced for what it does, as are all designer skin care lines, you pay mostly for the brand name, pretty packaging and all that illusion of exclusivity.
If you have the money, go for it, they usually have some ingredients that make skin appear smoother and fresher, but not really something that improves skin in long term and anti-aging wise.
Chanel Sublimage line used to have Matrixyl-3000 in their cream before they reformulated it, haven't seen any of the new formulas, so I don't know about that. Precision Sublimage Essential Regenerating Cream ( Texture Supreme ) - CHANEL - Skin Care - StrawberryNET.com (USA)
But Bellaplex has the same Matrixyl-3000 and more goodies for anti-aging, for less $$:
Amazon.com: BELLAPLEX SKIN ENHANCEMENT WRINKLE REDUCER 1 OZ: Health & Personal Care

So, you're not necessarily buying better skin care just because pay hundreds of dollars for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes.. L'or is really expensive.. I looked at others and even chanel is expensive .. Although I dont want anything with wrinkles.. I don't have any yet hehe...

I needed something between $50 - $150 AUD (Australian) now I am more confused .. Any other "good" products ...?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont want to prevent aging ... I am not old at all.. lol I am still pretty young... but I want more of brightning, shiny skin and very smooth sking.. with NO oil.. I don't like oily skin...

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Well then you might want to look at items that state oil control, but for a smooth look you may want to look at a makeup primer... yep that is right, it makes your skin appear, smoother, flaws are less visible, pores are minimized.- They are cheap but they are great and NO it doesn't look like you are wearing makeup as they have no colour, but that just may givve you the look you want, just bo by a beauty counter and ask for a sample or two for.....let's say your sister, or girl friend or even good old mom- and try them.... Bet that is what you are looking for... But you just haven't thought of trying it. My brother does a lot of business meetings and he wears it, so maybe this is the thing you are looking for as well, give it a shot can't hurt right?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Newtragena has some pretty good oil control products and as for primers I use Clarin's but smashboxe has an amazing one as well. Most decent cosmetic companies have them - cause it makes their cosmetics look even better on the peerson with not so great skin, golly even Avon has one, Cover girl, Rimmel... The list goes on.. Hope this helps you out... Actually I tried mine out on my 19 yr old son Thur, he had cut his chin shaving- and it worked pretty good. You couldn't see the cut, or the primer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am admittedly biased but I would saw Beija-Flor Naturals Amazon Anti-Oxidant Treatment. Its an excellent all natural anti-aging/blemish correction treatment that used 4 Brazilian butters, acai and passion fruit oil and a bunch of other goodies.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts