Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

can anyone help me in choosing a good sunscreen? I am 27 and never used a sunscreen before! I know it's unbelievable but I didnt know it's importance till now. I was just asociating sunscreen with tanning.. I do not want to get a tan as I already have wheatish complexion. can anyone please advise which sunscreen product is best to use? i have heard of so many products in the market namely loreal, garnier etc but I am totally confused. my skin is combination type esp. oily in t-zone n chin. once, in summer, i used my cousin's sunscreen but I didn't like it as it made my skin oilier and greasy. it looked horrible coz i was wearing my moisturiser on top.

another question: if i am using a moisturiser with spf 15, do i still need a sunscreen?

thanks u so much... i am luking fwd to some helpful replies,
pumi

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
In the Summer you need higher than spf 15. Spf 30 is a good bet, in the winter though spf 15 should be okay. I use Priori sunscreen thats spf 30 and i use that all through the year. I'm terrified of getting wrinkles you see :[ I wear it with moisturiser though and its fine. Although its pretty pricey just for a bit of sunscreen I think i pay £16 and its only a small bottle but if you use just a tiny bit on your face and then use something different on the rest of your skin its okay because it lasts nearly a year anyway.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the Summer you need higher than spf 15. Spf 30 is a good bet, in the winter though spf 15 should be okay. I use Priori sunscreen thats spf 30 and i use that all through the year. I'm terrified of getting wrinkles you see :[ I wear it with moisturiser though and its fine. Although its pretty pricey just for a bit of sunscreen I think i pay £16 and its only a small bottle but if you use just a tiny bit on your face and then use something different on the rest of your skin its okay because it lasts nearly a year anyway.
cool. Thank you. where do you buy your Priori sunscreen from?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank u all, but do i still have to use a sunscreen when i am using a moisturiser with spf 15?

·
Registered
15 Posts
yes, a great sunscreen I use on my kids is Hamiltons sensitive. And it is relatively cheap and moisturising.

Merry Christmas - in Australia it is sun screen season!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, a great sunscreen I use on my kids is Hamiltons sensitive. And it is relatively cheap and moisturising.

Merry Christmas - in Australia it is sun screen season!
thanks, Jess. merry xmas 2 u 2

should I use sunscreen after wearing my moisturiser or before? sorry for asking so many questions!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Pumi,

I'm not really in favor of 2-in-1 products like moisturizer+sunscreen. Its always better to use different skin care products for different uses. Ideally, you should apply sunscreen after you have applied the moiturizer and let it get absorbed well into the skin. However, to avoid the heavy greasy feeling I suggest you use the iS Clinical SPF 20 Powder Sunscreen. You can easily brush it over your face.. Totally hassle free!!

Regards,

Marilynn

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
There are several good products on the market, so I really don't see why its better to use two products when one can do the same job just as well, if not better.

Biotherm has one such product called SUN SPF 50, which is sold as a "Face Multi-protection Sun Cream SPF 50", which "moisturizes and firms."

Definately a good product, unless of course you sell products and want people to buy more than one.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are several good products on the market, so I really don't see why its better to use two products when one can do the same job just as well, if not better.

Biotherm has one such product called SUN SPF 50, which is sold as a "Face Multi-protection Sun Cream SPF 50", which "moisturizes and firms."

Definately a good product, unless of course you sell products and want people to buy more than one.
Cool. Thanks, Freddy
Can I still use moisturiser then the Biotherm Sunscreen? I just feel incomplete without a moisturiser.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
It's a thick, rich moisturiser. You'd have to use it to see what I mean. You won't want to use a moisturiser after its applied.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a thick, rich moisturiser. You'd have to use it to see what I mean. You won't want to use a moisturiser after its applied.
I have decided to buy Biotherm sunscreen. Thanks again.
Do I have use to use it in both winter and summer? I hope it is not too late that I am only starting to wear my sunscreen at my age

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The Biotherm product I'm telling you about is in a orange tube with a white lid and blue lettering in a 75mL format. You should use it year round. Here in Canada we have such shitty winters that you're practically covered from head to toe because of the cold. As a result I don't really use it in the winter. It might be a different story in the UK.

It's never too late to start using sun protection.

And remember to use sunscreen only in the morning, and a light moisturiser at night.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts