Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
you should use a sunscreen after you have applied your choice of moisturiser! It is best to use it separately! Think of it, when you wash your hair! Do you think using shampoo and conditioner conbine in one is better or using it separately is better!
You should buy a sunscreen which contain avobenzone ingredients! Avobenzone protect your skin against long wave rays and also oxybenzone ingredients protects your skin against short wave! Many skincare products contain oxybenzone but don't contain anything to protect against uva rays but unless it also contain zinc oxide, titanium dioxide! Hope this will help

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
you should use a sunscreen after you have applied your choice of moisturiser! It is best to use it separately! Think of it, when you wash your hair! Do you think using shampoo and conditioner conbine in one is better or using it separately is better!
You should buy a sunscreen which contain avobenzone ingredients! Avobenzone protect your skin against long wave rays and also oxybenzone ingredients protects your skin against short wave! Many skincare products contain oxybenzone but don't contain anything to protect against uva rays but unless it also contain zinc oxide, titanium dioxide! Hope this will help
thanks for ur advice, dear. I will keep this into account when I buy my sunscreen

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You can't compare two cleaning/conditioning agents which are designed to be washed away from the hair with a product stays on the skin. Next thing you know people are going to be saying "what's better? summer and winter tires or just all seasons." It's not the same thing.

Unless of course you use crap products, in which case you'll want to use two different products.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I need to use loads of sunscreen due to pigment probs and have combination skin too.loads say non oily but they are, so you end up using too little then it ends up ineffective.The no1 for me is Loreal solar expertise.In a 50ml bottle for about £9.It says anti wrinkle and brown spot,MATT FLUID protection.Amazing stuff.You can put loads on and it sinks into an oily skin leaving it soft and matt and i was still able to dot a bit of moisturiser over the top without going gloopy, plus your make up goes on well after. I couldn't be without it in the summer months,I think they did other spf factors too in the same range.It lasted me ages.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I need to use loads of sunscreen due to pigment probs and have combination skin too.loads say non oily but they are, so you end up using too little then it ends up ineffective.The no1 for me is Loreal solar expertise.In a 50ml bottle for about £9.It says anti wrinkle and brown spot,MATT FLUID protection.Amazing stuff.You can put loads on and it sinks into an oily skin leaving it soft and matt and i was still able to dot a bit of moisturiser over the top without going gloopy, plus your make up goes on well after. I couldn't be without it in the summer months,I think they did other spf factors too in the same range.It lasted me ages.
This is exactly the kind of sun protection I have been looking for .. a sunscreen that leaves my skin matte. You've been a gr8 help, Juadlu.
Thanks so much

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Does anybody know if the L'oreal expertise sun protection is a sunscreen or sunblock?

I am very interested in this product as it is a matte fluid and my skin always gets extremely oily after I wear anything

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I just posted up a review of the sunscreen I told you about. It's SPF50. You should check it out on the blog, I've been VERY VERY happy with it lately.
Hi Freddy,

I have read about the Biotherm sunscreen on ur blog but it seems to tan the skin which I don't want
I am wheatish already. I am going to my homeland next week and it's really sunny over there. I badly need to buy sunprotection. I've got fine lines on my forehead. Any thought of how to get rid of this? I duno if this is due to sun damage??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I really don't think that's a huge concern. I'd be more concerned with the sun than those nanoparticles. Whenever they test these things on animals they expose them to quantities that are much higher than a human would ever be exposed to. They probably suffocated the poor animal. Dirt particals will do that...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts